Anyone actually been pulled over ?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by MR C, May 15, 2012.

1. MR C

MR C New Member

If anyone's been pulled, what for ?
    And what's happened; are the police clued up about moped tuning ? How can they prove anything without a dyno or a speed camera at hand?
    Just curious...

2. topbud221

topbud221 Member

Rides:
    piaggio nrg extreme
    i been pulled a couple of times only for standard stuff like no back L plate shitty things like tht
    they dnt really have a clue bout 70s kits and tht just exhausts but every1 knows exhausts give u more power
    as long as your bikes registered as a 50 and insured as a 50 and is a 50 and your 17 then it doesnt matter if it hits a ton u can basically laugh at them but if its a 70s then just act dumb lol its only high way cops u gotta worry bout

3. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    When you say act dumb, just say you dunno what a 70 kit is or what?

4. 4strokerunner2005

4strokerunner2005 Member

Rides:
    gilera vxr200
    I would just say i bought the bike as it is and didnt know it was tuned.

5. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Yeah haha,

"The exhaust was on it when I got it. I don't get what a 70 kit is, surely you would see the engine sticking out if you made it bigger'

Cory Cole-Wilkins likes this.
  6. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

i got pulled over because of going trough traffic , i had a standard aerox but they literately done an mot for a bike checked everything and told me a story how dangerous it is to drive this way lol

7. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Haha did they find any problems?

8. J4CK

J4CK Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG 172
    No front l plate got 3 points and £220 fine lmao

9. J4CK

J4CK Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG 172
    Never had a clue it was 172 lmao

10. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    £220 for no front L plate?!

11. topbud221

topbud221 Member

Rides:
    piaggio nrg extreme
    ther prob say bore kit insted of 70s but just be like i dont have a clue wat ur on about lol surely the only way they can find out if its a bore kit is by taking it apart and measuring the piston which i can never see happenin

12. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    My mate had a jog with a polini mid race kit, they made a note of the markings on it, and rang up their office who traced it to a polini kit haha

13. oliwest

oliwest Member

Rides:
    aerox road legal pit
    Get pulled nerly everyday! They dont really car if its tuned as 90% of peds at least go over 31mph

they just say dont speed where you shouldnt.

One police woman was asking what to buy to make it faster a her son just bought one lol

Cory Cole-Wilkins likes this.
  14. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

yh they moaned about the front L plate as its on mudguard the guy said that you can only see it from helicopter lol and they told me to put a set of mirrors on :DDD

15. oliwest

oliwest Member

Rides:
    aerox road legal pit
    Dont neex mirrors mate

16. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

i never changed anything :)

17. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    u dont get £220 fine ...its fucking £60 so why lie

18. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Stage 6 streetrace 70 kit casting stamped 49cc. Its identical to standard so no-one knows the difference.
    My front L plate is painted on the front mudguard to the exact dimensions required, there is nowhere where it can be displayed vertically.

19. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Saw a motorcycle cop on TV last night measuring a moped tyre and booking the rider for having 1mm of tread.
    The law states that a moped tyre needs to have the base of any groove in the original tread pattern clearly visible.
    In other words 1mm of tread is legal it might be dangerous in the wet but it's still legal.
    So much for the Police being experts.
    One kid stupidly admitted that his scooter was derestricted for safety reasons, talk about opening your mouth and putting your foot in it.

scootzmadness and IceIceBaby! like this.
  20. IceIceBaby!

IceIceBaby! yz125/ TTR250/ sold gilera ice

Rides:
    TTR250
    They are doing this thing were i live, basically they pull you ( for soing nothing wrong ) and if anything on your ped looks slightly bodged or not right they call vosa ( proper cunts ! ) and get them to properly check your bike, may involve putting it on a rolling road, almost like a little suit case.. they ped your ped on the center stand put this rolling road underneath the back wheel so if its de-restricted they will know.. and if the tyres, indicators or anything is dodgy they " take action " almost like an mot at side of the road.. depends if what kinda of piggy pulls you over tho.. my advice is if you get pulled act a bit dumb and bum lick the shit out of the police !!! they love it when you lick shit from there bum hole.

oliwest likes this.