Another Aerox Post...

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by oNessyx, Feb 10, 2010.

1. oNessyx

oNessyx New Member

Rides:
    09 Aerox
    Hello, I recently bought an 09 Rossi Rep Yamaha Aerox 50cc.
    And Im looking into doing a few worthy modifications to it to give it that extra edge over the other bikes in my area, the same thing everyone else wants for their aerox really.
    However, I don't want to get a 70 kit as I want to keep it a 50, and I doubt it'd go down well with the parents even asking them haha, so that's out of the question.

The bike currently has; Giannelli exhaust, bigger jets in the carb and different rollers
    Sounds stupid this tbh, but I haven't pushed it to the max yet, as I aren't even meant to be on the road yet because my license hasn't come, I've just been up and down my street on it, hardly enough room to push it to it's limits, so I aren't sure of top speed at the minute, apart from the fact on the advert where I got the bike from it says it's capable of 60+, which I aren't too sure about, I'll update you once I've attempted to get it's top speed.

I have searched and looked through the other topics before you tell me to have a look, and most of the replies say get a 70 kit, or put a perfoance exhaust on, which I already have got so it's pretty irrelevant. But if there is a few little things I could do to make it that little faster please help me out.

I'm guessing you lot get sick of Reading posts about aerox's on here, but I want my own set of answers and help. I'm new to the scene and would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.
    Marcus.

2. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    You have a performance exhaust on. It is no longer restricted to 31mph on your provisional license at 16, your bike can be seized. Putting a 70 kit on won't make a difference to that. (Will be alot faster, but it still exceeds 31mph)

You have done all you can at the moment. Variator and clutch if you really want to but it won't do fuck all worth the money, in combination with a 70 kit then yeah :good:.

If you want it to be as fast as piaggio engine 50cc's, you can get a 17.5 carb kit for £40 from scooterattack/shitstop. You will notice a good performance increase, and won't be spending that much more on fuel, sorted.

3. MeTaLupUrAss

MeTaLupUrAss New Member

Rides:
    Benelli 49x
    well if he gets a bigger carb then he'll probably have fueling problems..because bigger carbs are supposed to be with bigger kits..so avoid the carb and go for a clutch thats your option..theres nothing else to do if you dont get a 70 kit..sorry..you could try a racing air filter tho but it wont make your bike faster..at least you wont notice it..it'll give you a bit more sound..thats all

4. Runner-Joe

Runner-Joe New Member

Rides:
    Typh 125
    naa a 17.5 carb will be nice with your set up pal, better than a 12m ;) shouldent get any fueling problems tbh

5. austin8o8

austin8o8 New Member

Rides:
    Cpi Gtr 50
    my bike has 19mm mikuni stock. on the 50cc. the top end is fun, bout 60mph pass cars on highway. but a 70cc will be best bang for the buck. try ask your parents you never know. tell them that you want to be able to get around dangers faster, a slow scoot wont be as able to do so. ;)

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    bigger carb then, then make better use of the power you have (variator and setup the clutch) quickest its ever gonna be wihtout a kit/new pipe/port work...

doing this wil get you a bit faster acceleration (could be big gains if its not setup right at the min) but it wont be nearly as much as the kit, wich will cost less than a carb and variator kit..

are you/your parents aware the pipe is just as illegal as a 70 kit/carb/variator kit? restricted means the speed/power output ASWELL as the cc...