another aerox 70 project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by billy #86, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    lovely jubly, all mouth AND action unlike alot of projects . keep it up bill :beer:

2. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    cheers lads,

anyone got a cheap rox front panel?? fancy glassing a grille from another bike in :cool:

3. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    yes mate ill get back to u on that one. pm me ur number ill give u a text 2moz as soon as i find out ow much he wants 4 it.

4. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    nice one cheers mate ;)

5. Speedy 172

Speedy 172 Active Member

lookin good billy mate as always
    steve.

6. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

iv got one how much u wanna pay mate

7. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Gimme stickers!!! :w00t:

You must have LOADSSAAAA cash. where you get it all from?
    Looking goooood.

8. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Noiiice, you don't hang about do ya :punk:

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    you honed a nicasil barrel? :msn1:

10. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    lol, like to get things done ;)

minor are you not supposed to hone nicosil barrels's then???? never knew that lol, the lad in the engineering place seemed to think it was ok, but then again suppose he wouldnt turn away the money

if the s6 barrel dont work ive just bought a cheap malossi sport for a spare barrel so that will go on if all else fails

11. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

wana buy that rox stuff your sold me? :p 70 gasket, woodruff key oil plug thing? £7 posted ;)

12. jackdim

jackdim New Member

The project looks mint dude, keep it up the good work.

I'd personally fork out the £££ and get another barrel/replate from Langcourt or Apotec. However, I've heard of many people honing Nicosil barrels. But to my understanding the nicosil plating is too thin to do so?? Can anyone clear this up?

Where you get your zorst wrap from, ebay? IIRC its to create the effect of a shorter pipe so you reach peak rpm faster???

13. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    cheers mate, im going to put the s6 barrel on how it is now and see if its any good, if not ive always got the malossi sport, i dont really want to fork out for a new barrel as i wasnt going to be spending any money on this as i need all the cash i can get for my caddy, but i cant help myself :w00t:

yeah i got the exhaust wrap off enay for £10 posted, i havnt put it on for performance in mind as the zx ha rusted up over time so instead of sanding it all off i thought id just wrap it and cover it up :D

cheers

14. jackdim

jackdim New Member

If you can be bothered do you think you could ride the bike with and without the wrap? Then let us know if you noticed any difference? I have doubts over whether it'll actually help to prevent it corroding but let us know if it does and I might have to give it a go.

Ta,
    Jack

15. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

do u no how heatwrap works m8 it helps heat escape form the bike makin it run coooler and more effecient . so inevatibly there will be small gains . i had it n it made it more efficient

16. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    actually nibbles its the total opposite, keeps the heat in the exhaust

17. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

my bad which speeds up how fast the fumes escape sorry

18. jackdim

jackdim New Member

Zorst wrap is to mimick having a shorter zorst through the retention of heat.

19. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    yeah it keeps the heat in the exhaust, they use it on rally cars alot

cheers

20. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    it keeps the heat where it should be, if the pipe is being hit wiht air its effectivly taking more power to warm the pipe as the heat comes from somwhere, usually slowing the air, so the heat stays in the pipe and lets it perform as it should. it heeps the area around the pipe cooler also so theres benifits to be hasd there (not really on a scooter mind, i like having a nice warm exhaust there to grab at traffic lights)

ceramic coating does the same but far more effectivly (it smooths out the ridges from the welding process to a point also) expensive but well worth it.