All sorts of nonsense with Minarelli Horizontal engines

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by turbovetto, Jan 20, 2015.

1. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
  2. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

ARGH! conversation cant be found :( was looking forward to a good read too

3. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    can't believe I bust my arse making videos of this kind to see this kind of comment ! ;)

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

HE'S BACK:D
    Was only thinking the other day that I hadn't heard from you for a good while

turbovetto likes this.
  5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

wondered where you had gone! what you made now?

turbovetto likes this.
  6. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Sorry guys - 'been busy with a CBR125R and a go pro. Taking my test in spring. But now I have some gear and acquired the bare minimum of editing skills, I can now show what I'm on about. Took the opportunity of my gal's scoot blowing up (suspect the original cause is the ignition - which is just a bit too 'hot' for day to day use. Goes like stink - but has a nasty habit of perforating pistons and generally f@#king shit up. It uses the same Stator as the MVT I use but the CDI is different (Dopller's own confection) and therefore advance is much more. You can bloody feel it too. And so can the piston. The new TPR 50 kit is a beaut though. Like a mini MHR ! New Dopppler crank (what a beaut). Should go a bit faster (TPR vs the (5 year old) Top Perf iron kit. - the TPR exhaust port is HUGE)
    But with the original ignition it should be more reliable too and I won't need a spare battery on charge in the winter (Post 2003 Ovetto ignition needs juice to run with the Doppler/MVT ignition because of the faxed-up CDI).

That's the news ! Hope you enjoy the vids.