Airsal 70cc tech racing kit or airsal 70cc sport cylinder kit?

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by JakeMan1, Jan 18, 2017.

1. JakeMan1

JakeMan1 Member

Right so I ride a 2014 aprilia Sr 50 r, I'm running 8.3g rollers and a technigas sports exhaust and I wanted to upgrade my cylinder to a 70cc to get more out of my bike and I'm wondering which kit would be best for me to buy for it?
    I've heard the airsal kits will run best with my engine but which one?
    Also any other upgrades suggested are welcome!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

2. TheSnipez

TheSnipez New Member

If you go for the sport kit all you will really need to do is upjet, lower your roller weights to about 5g and maybe get some harder clutch springs. If you go for the racing kit it's gonna be a lot more expensive but it will be quite a bit faster, you will need a new crank and bearings, bigger carb, new variator and clutch and a better exhaust like a yasuni c16 city or it'd be pointless.

3. JakeMan1

JakeMan1 Member

So best bet is to get the sports kit for its cheaper and less to set up, how much do I upjet?

4. TheSnipez

TheSnipez New Member

Yep and it'll still be a huge improvement :D and start at around 80 and slowly work down until it's running right, I think I ended up at around a 72-75 jet when i had a stage 6 sport pro mk2 and yasuni R

JakeMan1 likes this.
  5. JakeMan1

JakeMan1 Member

Thanks for your advice, I think I will be getting the leovince tt pipe soon

6. TheSnipez

TheSnipez New Member

No problem! and don't get that pipe, if anything it might be a downgrade from your technigas! Go for a Yasuni R or a Stage 6 Pro Replica, both of these pipes are miles better when it comes to using them with a 70 kit and have you thought about getting a stage 6 Sport Pro MK2 instead of the airsal? it'll be a bit more powerful and when i had one it was a wheelie animal! :D Also have you got a derestricted CDI?

7. JakeMan1

JakeMan1 Member

Oh, thanks I'll have a look at those pipes then and yeah I've looked at the mk2 but not in stock in many places and I'm not sure if it's derestricted how can I find out?

8. JakeMan1

JakeMan1 Member

Also will the yasuni r and stage 6 pipe work well with standard cylinder? Then would I be able to fit a new cylinder without changing the pipe?

9. TheSnipez

TheSnipez New Member

Good and they have it on pedparts at the moment. Also you can't really unless you have a 70 kit that goes above 10000 rpm and then it'll misfire. I'm guessing you probably don't have a derestricted one though.

10. JakeMan1

JakeMan1 Member

So do those pipes not work on a standard cylinder?

11. JakeMan1

JakeMan1 Member

Pedparts don't have the pipes in stock which you suggested

12. TheSnipez

TheSnipez New Member

Whoops sorry for not answering that question and yes they will, The yasuni R is probably the best exhaust for a standard 50 and damn it seems like they have barely any exhausts in stock also heres a link to a site that has the pro replica http://www.psntuning.co.uk/scooter_parts.php?prt_id=534 The pro replica is one of the best exhausts for the sport pro mk2 as you can see here http://www.pedparts.co.uk/c/asset/sports-pipe-blog/Stage6-MKII-Sport.png You could also go for the technigas Triops which might be the better choice considering you have the standard crank because it makes the same power as the Pro Replica but at a much lower rpm which you can see here-http://www.pedparts.co.uk/c/asset/tecnigas/stage6-pro-rep-exhaust-comparison.png

13. JakeMan1

JakeMan1 Member

So what else do I need to do when I fit the sport pro mk2 70 kit and the pro replica pipe?

14. JakeMan1

JakeMan1 Member

Just seen that pipe is in stock on pedparts but it costs nearly £20 more! I think I'm going to buy the pipe first because I know it works well with standard cylinder and then get the 70cc cylinder later on

15. TheSnipez

TheSnipez New Member

You will need some jets for your carb- http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/517/dellorto-stage6-jets-box--6mm The 60-82 box is what you want to get. Also some lighter rollers- http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/347/malossi-rollers-19x155mm The 5g ones should be right. Get some of these as well so you can increase the rpm at which you set off so you will be in the powerband- http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/4058/jasil-clutch-spring-set--piaggio-yamaha and yep thats a good idea! Slowly build up and you will still need the lighter rollers and the clutch springs for that exhaust because it is quite peaky! It should definately be an improvement over the technigas though. Also what jet are you running at the minute?

16. JakeMan1

JakeMan1 Member

Thank you, to be honest I bought the bike 2nd hand and have no clue, I think I have a receipt which says it on though I'll have a look later

17. JakeMan1

JakeMan1 Member

says jet 68 dellorto jet 6mm

18. TheSnipez

TheSnipez New Member

Yep thats about right for a 50 with a pipe! keep the jet that jet in it and just get some lighter rollers and some harder clutch springs for now then when you get a 70 all you will need is some new jets

19. JakeMan1

JakeMan1 Member

It said something about a spring had been changed and I still have the original 5.5 rollers

20. TheSnipez

TheSnipez New Member

they might have changed the big torque spring which if they have made it harder is no good for a 50cc and those 5.5 g ones should work fine!