aerox wont start

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by steve w, Jun 24, 2009.

1. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    hi i have jus brought a 2003 yamaha aerox and i cant get it to run its got fuel going thought and ive buzzed all the wires and all working.the carb jets artn blocked ive cleaned the exhust out ive been tho everything it will tunr over but just wont fire . i just wonderd if anyone else has had this problame ???????

cheers

2. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    well i looked at my haynes try these things im no pro but this is good information

Engine flooded:

Float height too high
    Float needle valve worn or stuck open.

No spark or weak spark:

Ignition switch off
    Defective spark plug try replacing
    Defective Ignition Control Unit
    Pulse generator or source coil defective
    Ignition HT coil defected

Compression low:

worn crankshaft oil seals
    Cylinder and/or piston worn

just some bullet points at looking at my PAIGGIO haynes. worth having a look over those things i guess it's the same sort of systems for an aerox...

3. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    hi mate i have been tho all of thoes apart from the worn crankshaft oil seals i had a qucik look tho the exhaust port and d piston n rings looked alright but am gonna hve to pull the hed off it and take it all apart and inspect it bt theer is compression there but i dont know if its enought to compress the fuel for it the ignite has am uesed to workin on bigger bikes.

thanks for your help mate apercatie it

4. J.beazley

J.beazley Member

Rides:
    Yamaha AeroxR 70
    Could be a comman problem of the fuel pipe vacuum needs a little suck.

mine wouldnt start for ages checked the plug, had a good clean spark, pleny of compression, carb virtually new and clean, airbox as standard but still not firing.

I Pulled the smaller vacuum hose off the top of the carb for the fuel tap gave that a few short fast sucks to prime the carb and bingo she runs first kick every kick now.

Jay

5. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    hi ive have tried that as well mate looks like am gonna have to take the head off and have a proper look at the piston and rings.

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    you cant flood a 2 stroke (well, its pritty fucking hard) check the reeds are intact

7. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    hi yup they are ok i took the head of today and top the piston off and the rings are stuck and the piston has seen better days so am gonna get a piston and ring kit and see what happends