Aerox Tuning Help

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by papillon.girl.x, Jun 13, 2008.

1. papillon.girl.x

papillon.girl.x New Member

Hey, im looking to tune my aerox but dont really know much about it. I know general things like where things are.

Right now i am trying to find out how i can change all of the engine casing with chrome, but not just the kickstart cover, the whole of the engine also i am looking to install an air filter which sticks out of the back (sounds noobish). Please can anyone help me out?

Thanks!!

2. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

the engine you could spent abit of time and effort and polish them up.

as for tuning go to the top of the page click home and then click guides.

is a few guides for tuning 50/70cc scooters.

also have a good lookaround the forum and have a go on the search is quite alot posted on here about aerox's

3. papillon.girl.x

i also want to know how to take the whole engine apart to replace parts with stage 6 parts. I have already bought them and have them but do not know how to remove older parts
    thanks

4. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    this depends on the parts you have, if splitting the engine to replace the crank it's a fairly complicated process. its a case of removing the engine, removing the barrel, removing the flywheel, removing stator, removing variator unbolting the crank cases then heating the main bearing cases and knocking apart the cases with a rubber hammer.

5. papillon.girl.x

im looking to change simple things like clutch and the carb.
    i took of a pipe today and blue liquid poored out, please can you tell me what this is called and is it the liquid from above the radiator.
    thanks

6. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    yes would be coolant mate, and sorry if this sounds harsh but i think you should stop where you are as you dont to me sound like much of an expert and something may go wrong, where are you based as wobbly offers a service you need for a good price :D

good luck anyway though buddy

Dec

7. papillon.girl.x

Im situated in devon. I know i dont know much :D I want to learn though. I have removed the whole engine. And when the weather is okay im going to have a go at putting of my new parts.
    Thanks

8. papillon.girl.x

The one thing i need to find out is how to install an air filter which sticks out at the back over the rear wheel. I just need a guide or walkthrough or something or just a simple explanation on how to.
    Thanks

9. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

right you can do that two ways

one to modify the existing subframe and get a pro welder to weld a bracket with a clearance space for a carb and filter

or

you can do it the easy way and buy a ready made subframe from kesler or stage 6 do one I think just have to put it together with nuts and bolts

also

you need a keilser spacer block which is machined at a specific angle to let the carb rest at an angle as the manifold on a aerox is too straight

get a kessler spacer block first and the subframe or get yours modified

also you need a mudguard to cover the back wheel not the crappy standard type which protects the rear end from mud, you need a piaggio style mud guard that protects the air filter from getting caked in shit

you can eithier get ripped off and spend £40 on a racing one or find a local breaker or try ebay and try an find the early type aprilia SR50 rear guard and it will fit straight on

it will fit straight on your lump if the aprilia sr has the minarelli ac/lc lump in it

also why do you want to split the cases - any particular reason such as fit a new crank?, theres no point unless your planning to tune your motor above 10bhp or if your old bottom end has gone

which pipe did you cut when you mentioned it spitting out blue water? as theres alot of pipes on the aerox carrying coolant such as the carburettor heater pipes and the water pump pipes

if its still cut replace it asap as the motor will seize with no "blue liquid in it" as it cant cool itself down

also in regards to your question about how to get your engine chromed I wouldnt literally chrome it just polish it as it will be ALOT cheaper but involves a few hours hard graft with some grit paper and elbow grease

10. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    then you've got to upjet to compensate for the changes. its a constant hassle once you start to modify. i'm sure with help from myself and other forum users we can help you manage to work but its going to be difficult.

11. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    always happy to help :pimp:

12. papillon.girl.x

thanks guys! :p
    reply to J-Nitro: i will probably buy the subframe instead of getting mine modified, i will look myself but any idea where i can buy a stage 6 subframe and the spacer block. I do want to fit a new crank but i have decided to not do that as it is probably to complicated for me.

the pipe which was spitting out blue water was one of the water pump pipes and i have sorted that problem now.

13. papillon.girl.x

if i fit these parts to have my air filter at the back will i still have the full space of my seat? as i see some Aerox have parts in the seat when they have a custom air filter

I also need to order a new carb, but i do not know the size of mine how can i tell?

thanks

14. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

yes you can use your seat too

- i think the stage 6 or kessler subframe are sold on scooter attack and scooter centre, last time i checked though it was sold out as they are a popular piece of kit with the euros

yeh, if youve never fit a crank before dont go trying with a new nice one one, you are bound to mess it up, eithier

watch a few done first, or pay someone to do it as it will only cost roughly £40-£80 in labour charges at a garage (more at a dealership), as long as you give them the engine stripped off most parts auch as the top end (barrel,piston and cylinder head), transmission casing, rear brake caliper, wheel, water pump

your standard carb is 12mm depending on your aeroxes manufactured year, it is a dellorto phbn12 or a gurtner 12mm, i wouldnt bother upgrading your carbs size tbh unless youve got a bigger engine to feed, such as a 70cc bore kit, if your still going to run a 50cc kit then just upjet your standard carb

uprate your jet size by roughly size 10 first of all to run the filter and see what the engine is saying in terms of mixture, youll have to lighten the rollers also a notch too to run an open style filter

tell us what year your aerox was made and also tell us does it have manual choke or electronic choke and i can tell you what type of carb you have

;)

15. papillon.girl.x

the Aerox year is 2002 as it was the cheapest i could find as i was going to be stripping it down and tuning it anyway. the choke is manual.

16. papillon.girl.x

17. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

ok its a dellorto phbn12 one then 12mm

you want the dellorto 6mm thread type jets for your ped, i would order a box of 10 from scooter attack and play around with a few until you get it just right, thats what i did to mine

18. papillon.girl.x

I have already purchased a Stage6 PWK 21mm Racing Carb will that fit the aerox or am I goin to have to re-sell?

19. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

yes your stage 6 one will fit one however I would buy a bigger manifold as it can be a pain to fit into a standard sized one, like I said to once you get the carb make sure its a pull choke one by the way NOT e-choke, otherwise yes you have to resell

so you need a 21mm type manifold
    a stage 6 subframe (like youve pictured)
    and a kessler space block like this... http://www.scootparts.nl/epages/Scootpa ... /L-KIES051

also think about ordering a pack of different sized stage 6 jets as youll need to modify your jet size to get your mixture just right if you want to run an open filter, 70 kit and pipe

cant rely on the one they give you

20. papillon.girl.x

just to make sure you do know this is 50cc yes? just making sure as you mentioned a 70 kit ;)
    thanks