aerox + TT = slower than standard pipe

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by RojAEROX, Oct 15, 2008.

1. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

ive taken the cone out the end, got 3.7g rollers in it as the ones that came with the pipe were way to heavy. i didnt think i needed to upjet? but have no idea whats caused this like 10mph drop in speed :msn1:

2. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

whats the condition of the belt like? so now it goes like 40 mph yeah? does it rev its tits off at full speed or die out?

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    so the rolers were too heavy, did you actually try them? try'd 3 and 3? hows it revving?

you answer this
    "my bikes goin slow.. why?" were not psycic

4. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

3.7 sounds quite light even for a zx thats light try putting the 4.3s in if you havent.

5. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

my bad minor ill go in to more detail.

belt isnt that old and is still tight and seems in good condition.

the 4.3g rollers that came with the pipe were useless and the bike hardly revved. so i bought 3.7g and fitted them earlier. it still struggles a bit on acceleration from 0 mph but wants it gets going the accelerations isnt too bad. it struggles to hit 45 on the clock which is probbaly only about 35 truely. i dont think its revving too highly and doesnt sound like its revving the tits out of it. hope all that helps

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    try 3 and 3... note the results and ajust accordingly.. mine literally will ether rev its tits off or just plain die out if the rollers are wrong.. as in 5.5's and it just revs... 6g and it just dies.. 5.85 is the magic weight and i had to experiment.. nobody can tell you the perfect rollers, your engine can tho ;)

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    oh and weigh the rollers that came with it if you havent... just coz its written on them dont mean its right now does it

8. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

ok cheers minor. i checked and they are the right weight. cheers for your help minor, ill go frm 3 of 1 weight and 3 of the other and then go 4+2 iff i need to.

9. hitty

hitty New Member

prettry sur u can go 4+2 because the vari will spin unevenly.
    the centralfugal force will be of balance. thats why u have to go.

1,2,1,2,1,2 so they are evenly spaced and the central force will be even.

10. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

ahhh right i seeee, its on 4/2 at the moment. i wasnt sure about it becuase of the imbalance but went for it anyway. should i change it to 3/3 then?

11. hitty

hitty New Member

well u shouldnt have it as 4+2. i cant give u any advice on the correct weights or how to solve your problem but i just know u can have 3+3 evenly spaced or 6.

12. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

ok cheers. 3/3 solved the problem anyway. i just wanted to try 4/2 to see iff it made any difference. ill change back to 3/3 tomorrow before i go 2 college

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if you run 4 2 it will give a good referance but kill the variator.. ok for ajustment but order the right weights, always run 6 of the same whenever ossible (ye so set it up an buy the rollers you think will be right)

14. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

all right i see so the variations of rollers shouldnt be used in the long term? its back to 3/3 at the moment which i guess is better than 4/2. ill have to work out the average weight and get some new rollers

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye ALWAYS use the 3 and 3 or 2 and for for EXPERIMENTATION only or you will just kill the variator. get it right, order some rollers an dont ride it till they come

16. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

and allways buy polini or malossi rollers better than budget shit.

17. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

yer im on the search for 4g rollers now. looked on donotlink but they dont stock 4g. bit of a pain in the ass really as i dont wanna order them from germany or whatever

18. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

kl well i just fitted a set of budget rollers in my bike and theyre shit the flatish malossi ones were better (not tht flat) but it doesnt help tht my belt is stretched

19. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

right ive scowered ebay, donotlink, google, cant find 4g 15x12 rollers anywhere. has anybody had experience with ringing up donotlink and getting them to order u in stuff? cheeeeers

20. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

still havnt quite got this sorted :msn1: . my acceleration is good but top end is still craaaap. im still trying to get it set up so am running 3/3 stiill but on average 4g rollers. is this loss of top end roller related or could this be caused by me not upjetting yet?

cheers for any help