Aerox taking the piss..again

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Chubz, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Right, hi people,, my rox has been being a total bitch lately, and after spending £500 on worthless labour by complete retards, im now stuck with yet another problem......

My bike now doesnt start, tried different/smaller jets and nothing......it was running a 100 main (which is too big for a polini sport+17.5mm carb+yasuni R+4.5g rollers+malossi multivar) ... and its starting to get me really annoyed because iv now spent over £2300 on it and the P.O.S doesnt even start !!! .. dont know if it bogs or what because it wont start...i havent got a CLUE whats wrong with it....

Anyone tell me why its not starting, even though everything is practically brand new ? got compression+spark+petrol+oil and whatnot... but it refuses to start and im honestly losing my rag with it.

Not much to go by, but can anyone help me out ??

2. Callum Coles

Callum Coles 2003 Piaggio Zip Sp

Rides:
    2003 Piaggio zip sp
    is the fuel even getting into the carb and out of the carb ?

Have you check if your reeds are broke?

3. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Reeds are fine mate and petrol is gettin about the place so it isnt that..

4. Callum Coles

Rides:
    2003 Piaggio zip sp
    hmmm sounds abit strange have you tried starting it with the air box off for onyl 1 sec obviously so it doesnt damage the engine to see if there is a air blocked in the airbox or filter whatever you have.

is the idle screw set right ?

5. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    It doesnt start mate, at all........ take the airbox off and it gets worse and doesnt start still......

Idle screw has been fiddled with at every single position to try get it started and fail every time.

6. Callum Coles

Rides:
    2003 Piaggio zip sp
    what did your compression test come in at and im taking it as you have checked to make sure your cylinder isnt leaking water into the mix ?

and whats your plug looking like ?

7. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Plugs fine mate....... and compression is good too..... and no water leaks anywhere

8. Callum Coles

Rides:
    2003 Piaggio zip sp
    so it doesnt have weak ignition or anthing ?

9. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Nah mate, its all good thats why im annoyed so much lol.... i dont get it,,, bikes really f***ing me off now, shoulda scrapped it... £2410 spent on it and it doesnt start..what a joke

10. c0nn0r77

c0nn0r77 Member

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    have you got a manual choke? if not that could be the problem

11. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    yer i have mate, its never been a problem before though, and sometimes have to start the bike with the choke pushed in...

12. Callum Coles

Rides:
    2003 Piaggio zip sp
    i dont now what else it could be :/ take your cylinder head and barrel off and make sure theres no shit in your valves ect. also you havnt got a blockage in your exhaust have you ?

connor if the auto choke was stuck it wouldnt make a difference just wouldnt go anywhere but it would start

13. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    no point taking it off,,, it got taken off a couple days ago and all is fine mate... literally everything is fine,..but it just will not fucking start....

Exhaust is a brand new yasuni r so it hasnt got any blockages

14. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    how strong is the spark?. Rest a spare plug against the head, attach the HT lead and turn it over. You should see a very clean fresh spark.

Set all the mixture screws to standard and go from there....

How good is the battery...have you tried a booster to start it. Some ignitions wont fire unless theres 14V to them .....even tho' they'll turn over OK

15. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Im pretty sure its a good decent spark mate,.. we checked yesterday and all was fine with that, didnt start but still had a strong spark.... and tbh..
    I dont know what standard is.... all the way screwed in or out or ... ? iv also got 2 screws on the carb, both next to each other at the idle mixture screw, what is the other one ??

And the battery is on charge so will be fully charged up by the morning, its a 12v battery but only had 4v in it earlier...

16. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

take air filter off and put your hand on carb and try starting and adjust the air with your hand throttle / might help . also put some premix into your cylinder trough spark plug hole

17. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Iv tried that mate, it just doesnt wanna start ... it came to life for a split second then died and exhaust sounded like it had a 'pop' to it.... also what are the 2 screws on the carb? one is idle mixture screw dunno what other one is ?

Might give that a try though, just means i gotta drain some petty from my tank as its hard to just get a lift to petrol stations for me...plus id need to buy some more 2t oil o_O

18. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

well if it started for a second thats not electrical problem it petrol , when u take your petrol pipe off does the petrol come out ? try sucking the vacum pipe aswell

19. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Iv done all that too mate, iv done everything i can think of on /to that fookin bike and iv got Nowhere at all o_O i even put the 100 jet back in there and it now doesnt start..even though thats the only jet that got the bike started the smaller ones wouldnt start or they would and you couldnt touch the throttle or it'd die....

20. Callum Coles

Rides:
    2003 Piaggio zip sp
    get some eeasy start or pour some premix straight into the cylinder and put plug back on and see if it starts then youll know if its a fuel problem