aerox revs, bog problem?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by gregzzz, Jan 14, 2010.

1. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    basically, once ive started the bike and gone a metre it bogs to deeeath at low revs, then at say trafficlights when i stop the bike cuts out if i dont hold the revs, and then when i 'try' to pull off the bike bogs completely and basically no pull off, once its clear its ok, also once it gets too hot it wont pick up revs at all, now is this to much air or fuel, is it a simple case of ajusting my mixure screw, and could it be a mix of to much air/fuel and wrong roller weights?

standard 50, pro rep, delortto 21 mm carb, polini super speed vari with 6x3g, 3x4g,polini contra, and polini clutch springs

the bike went FINE in summer

2. aerox mad

aerox mad New Member

have you only fitted this carb

3. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    na, had it all summer was fine

4. adz452

adz452 Member

Rides:
    Vespa T5
    proboly the bore giving up

5. rideorcollide

rideorcollide Active Member

Rides:
    TYPH 172
    used to happen on my runner.. was spluttery and bogged away from lights but only once it had warmed up.

i swear i tryed everythng i could think of, and it turned out to be my transmition getting too hot because i wasnt using the casing with big holes drilled in it, made my rollers melt and fall to bits then the metal bits fucked up the variator ramps and it just ran shit, like i had the choke on.. using bare petrol and spluttering upto about 20-30 until it got going.

6. aerox mad

aerox mad New Member

did u try cleaning the carb.

7. Scott91

Scott91 New Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    ive cleaned the carb, nothing, changed the sparky, nothing, tonight i adjusted the mixture screw though and the bike had a tick over again ill ride to work tomoro and let you know how it went. :)

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if it worked fine in the summer and not the winter what does that tell you? its COLDER..

cold air is more dence/is a "thicker" gas.... this means it holds more fuel naturally... in the summer your jet was keeping up just fine, now theres more air in the "space" air takes up.. so the jet will be too small...the denser air is the more molocules it will contain per square centremetre, so your fuel being split into molicules by your carb is simply not supplying enough to fill the air to the point the mixture is happy

EVERYONE needs to upjet in winter and downjet in summer... all old news.

9. Scott91

Scott91 New Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    hi, have tried the air mixture screw and and upjetting same problems, now ill let you know over christmas i did blow my head gasket so im going to look at my piston and rings or if that fine my carb is fukkkked

10. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

cant see it being roller problem (if rollers are good condition) if anything with those weights it should rev nicely especially off the line. i've jad a problem with my aerox it was backfiring and spluttering and turned out to be ht cap shit from snow had gathered in my ht cap im not too sure how tbh.. have you chnaged your plug recently? check round your airbox for any leaks and make sure the airbox is connected properly to the carb. it can just be small things.

also check clutch for wear and variator,

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    wow thats majic.. you can predict an engine running PERFECTLY on a set roller weight wihtout seing/hearing/trying it.... you shoulkd work for pm tunning/psn/srt as NONE of them could do that (nor me)

as for "with those weights" what fucking weights did he say he had then? as i see is "polini super speed vari with 6x3g, 3x4g" wich makes fuck all sence....

so youve checked the rollers are in good condition? try'd changing them? checked for air leekls? checked if the oil seals are in good condition? checked the reeds are in good conditon? checked all the electrical componants arew in good condition? checked all your vac/fuel lines are good? checked you have the correct float level in your carb? could be any of these....

that or the cylinder is just fucked. OR the mix is off and the rollers are worn/were always wrong and the problem has just shown itself now due to the denser air the cold weather brings....

this is why people shouldent jump in wiht "i dont think its that" when it sounds EXACTLY like a roller issue... yes it may not be, but how do you possibly know that? everyone disagree's with roller setup, usually saying "no m8 its bopggin, it aint da rollerz init its da jet" like idiots...

fact is no revs when you twist the throttle is most likely worn/too heavy rollers... especially on a stock 50 wiht a pipe..

12. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

sorry for trying to help there mate. what belt do you have in your bike? if its a thick ass malossi one then that could make a diff. the standard roller weight for an aerox is 5.5g. with you having 6x3g rollers and 3x4g rollers then your revs should be higher off the line. bearing in mind all else is in good condition. it could be tht your torque spring is a bit naff but thats a bit of a stab in the dark seeing as it worked well before.

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    look..... 6x 5.5 = 33g on the variator, 6x3g and 3x4g makes 30g... so your new rollers are the same weight as your stock rollers.... so there TOO HEAVY

as for aerox-lad. your stabbing in the dark at things you dont understand.. dont post if you dont know what your talking about, thats the first rule. the rollers ARE way too heavy for a STANDARD 50 with a pipe and carb. i bet it has an open filter aswell...

everyone, dont post unless you KNOW (not think you know) how to help somone as this sort of information just confuses people..and we all know aerox owners arnt the hardest people to confuse.

check for the usual, theres a million threads like this. ive listed every possible cause of this (bar the stupidly obvious like broken parts you come across when checking other things) but i still have my money on the rollers being worn AND too heavy for the setup. but hey, you fumble through checking all the things these idiots who dont even build engines tell you.... naff contra spring? are you having a fucking laugh? stab in the dark? might be fine on msn, we dont do idiots guessing on here cheers

14. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

rollers it is then just seems weired that it was runing fine before. i run 6x 3.5g on mine so thats 21g. thats with a 70 though. but on a 50 it was still the same weight.

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    polini super speed variator... running 6x3g and 3x4g... that makes 9 ROLLERS....

so what the fuck are you on about?

16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    yes i get that its a weird one to comprihend as it was fine in the summer, but if it wasent setup right in the summer (as it sounds it) the winter weather will show it up. too heavy rollers and a slightly larger jet in summer (wich will work, but not as well as lighter rollers with the right jet) will translate to heavy rollers and a lean jet in the winter, meaning it willl hold back on revs/die out at full throttle and "bog" as alot of people call it, its transmission stall not bigging, bogging means the bike is running/spoarking but the sound is deep wet and hesitant, this problem most people have is when the transmission exceeds the power of the engine so the engine cant run/burn fuel/ wich SEEMS like a fueling issue

it COULD be a manner of other things, wich ive listed above and you should check everything with a bike that "otherwise ran fine" if all the above parts are in good nick and working as they should id point my finger back at setup, and i recon this is rollers and the wrong jet. i could be wrong, i havent seen the bike afterall...

the point is you didnt understand, skimmed through then guessed at what it could be, cheers for the effort, but its not helping.

17. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    if its any help yes he does have a open filter, it's like tradition here if you have a aerox and a sports exhaust to have a 21mm carb and a open filter... (standard 50's)

18. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

thats your problem then. put the standard box back on airfilters are useless on a 50. you done a plug check? chances are he has a boost bottle aswell and a powerband lol

19. aerox crazy

aerox crazy New Member

Ha red power bands , :mrgreen:

20. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    erm, if it worked fine in the summer thats not our problem, he's put the airbox back on and it still does this. the air filter is clean as a whistle. he said he tried a new plug, and your asking if we did a plug check? why you taking the piss out of him when you probably know fuck all but to repeat what other people have said??