AEROX ORIGINAL MAIN JET SIZE READ!!

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by alperin, Jan 28, 2008.

1. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc
    hi every1 i think this thread will help alot :) i bin wanting to know the aerox original gurtner carbs main jet size i had to open the carb and find out the its a 62:) if u wana fit a sports air filter or a exhaust i sudgest you try these sizes 72 73 74 75 76 you shold try em and see which 1 gives u more performance

2. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    nice one, think we ought to have a standard jet guide made for the forum.

might get it done in the next couple of weeks.

3. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

correct matey ^^ 62 gurtner type jets in the 05+ model aeroxes and 82 dellorto pbhn as standard in the 54 plate and pre plates

4. Hursty

Hursty New Member

86 -53reg (not 82) :p

62 54-

ben.

5. Aerox Aaron

Aerox Aaron New Member

my 54 rox had standard main jet of 62

6. mca69

mca69 New Member

i have a 07 aerox rossi aswell, but im too scared just to check to see what the jet size is to comfirm for my self. :rofl:
    how easy is it to take the main jet out ?
    would i need to take any body work to get to it and could someone tell me what the step by step guide to replace my main jet is? :D
    thanks

7. alex_1966

alex_1966 New Member

go on easy parts nl and look up your bike on origonal parts, then look at the diagram of teh carb, the main jet size is written on there on the list ;)

8. mca69

mca69 New Member

thanks! i had a look and its really helpful ;)

9. jennings1992

jennings1992 New Member

and to get to your carb you have to remove the seat bucket and thats it i think.

10. mca69

mca69 New Member

what so i can remove the main jet ? :drool: lol

11. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

sorry, 86 you rite, wat the fuck am i thinking...

and basically fuck the year thing

easy way to work it out is

if youve got manual choke its a dell 86, e - choke youve got a 62 gurtner type

12. mca69

mca69 New Member

well i took my float bowl off nd i couldnt see wer i had to unscrew, wel i fort i did bu there was no wer to actually screw it was just flat :confused:
    help!

13. mca6969

mca6969 New Member

just to comfirm that the main jet size for an aerox 07 is a size 62 :)

14. Ross1308

Ross1308 Member

main jet for my 08 aerox was also 62

15. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

thanks mate this will help me never changed or even touched my main jet but mines an 05 dirrrttttty guurrrrrtttnnerrrrrrr lol.

16. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc
    have they changed back to 17.5mm carbs lol if they have there being cunts bcoz mines 12.5

17. Ross1308

Ross1308 Member

fuck knows wa mine is, but its small as fuck, will check tomorrow :D

18. chris6570

chris6570 New Member

hey there , i have a yamaha aerox 56 reg , equipped with a ; a stage 6 pro race replica , polini kevlar belt, om tuning 107mm adjustabe race clutch and 3.7 gram rollers. the bike has a steady top speed of about 64 mph however i have a few problems , firstly my acceleration is slow , imean really slow , unitll it gets to about 30 mph or it is running from extremly cold ( when it seems to accelerate to 50mph in about 7 seconds) so very sluggish acceleration i put a size 68 jet in my carb as when i bought my stage 6 it said i should go up a few jet sizes , i think the standard is 62 ? , and i don't think this has had a major effect on my performance.
    and secondly if i full throttle for too long at 60+ mph my temperature light will come on ? i have a my liquid cooled on max ?

19. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc
    first question is to do with rollers and jetting and second question you need to let the air out of your radiator, on the top of the engines head there is a screw when u undo it water should be coming out from there and once it comes out for few seconds close it back and this should sort the air leek. thanks alperin.

20. chris6570

chris6570 New Member

what do you recommend i put my jetting and rollers too ?