Aerox no spark. Need help quickly!!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by rik220, Apr 19, 2008.

1. rik220

rik220 Member

Hello, My mate has a 2001 yamaha aerox 50 and he had it sitting in the shed for about 6 months without starting it because he got a car. Over these 6 months he has removed the panels to spray them and took off the dash which meant taking out the wires. He also has put in a 70cc kit.The problem is that he is getting no spark at all. There is no spark from the plug lead either so it isnt the plug thats the problem. What could it be?
    Cheers
    Rik

2. burtie zip

burtie zip New Member

do you have a multimeter if so check the lead for resistance to see if its too high or could be the coil pack

3. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

bit of an obvious one but check battery or your fuse. i think the fuse is a 7.5.. well it is on my aerox.

4. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc
    conect his car batteries directly to the bike and try :confused:

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    as you said "help QUCIK" i thought id ignor this post an let the rox heads have a go LOL

DONT put a car battery on it... WAY too many amps and will cook the starter wiring.

what you need to do is go over the earths with a test light/multimeter. if the coil is earthing and theres still no spark disconnect the batery, flick the lights on and kick start.. fi the lights come on even slightly the stator is producing power for the loom, wether its sending a signal or not for spark is another matter but the lighting ring usually busts first. not sure on the wiring on a rox or even if its split coil or combi cdi so cant really advise further.

a small battery, even if its 4 aa batterys in a carrier will turn the side lights on or jump lead acropss to another NON RUNNING scoopter with the ignition off.. turn the dead bike on and see if the lights are working, if not it needs the ignition switch looking at.

try this lot out an see what its saying.

6. Dan1987

Dan1987 New Member

I have the same issue no spark can any1 got any advice and any1 no wheres this yellow n red wire goes it was hanging down near the spark plug

7. Dan1987

Dan1987 New Member

I have the same issue no spark can any1 got any advice and any1 no wheres this yellow n red wire goes it was hanging down near the spark plug

Attached Files: