Aerox help

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by matt kuhnert, Dec 27, 2013.

1. matt kuhnert

matt kuhnert Member

oh alright so its more about perfect tuning than overloading the power of your scoot to give it so much it pops up?

2. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Definitely. For example - the MHR will do any speed you like - but the take off it not so hot at the moment. I've ordered new springs for the clutch (which is undoubtledly sticking too early) and I'm going to do one or two things to the clutch itself & the bell to make it slip more - but there is definitely a carb issue as well - so I'm playing with slow jets at the moment. It definitely wants more juice.

With a 'normal' carb - and a sporty cylinder/pipe - you can generally get by with just the richness screw and the clutch springs -

3. matt kuhnert

matt kuhnert Member

alright so my malossi belt and malossi white torque spring have both been installed today, the 0.4mm washer removed between the variator and outer variator and the results are my scooter doesnt sit at such high rpm all the time im guessing mine before was sitting around 12k maybe not to sure but it was screaming loud constantly and maxing out at 80km on my speedo, now the acceleration isnt as great but it doesnt buffer or choke or slip or anything on takeoff which is good and the top speed is well off the speedo, one of my clutch shoes out of the 3 fell off my clutch so asap i am going to order a stage 6 torque control clutch and is it needed/recomended that i should get the stage 6 R/T clutch bell to go with it?

4. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    The clutch bell won't make any difference.

5. matt kuhnert

matt kuhnert Member

Ok ye I knew that but I mean like will my standard one overheat with a race transmission

6. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Noooo - it'll be fine.

7. matt kuhnert

matt kuhnert Member

Haha alright cool

8. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    The racing clutch bells differ from the normal ones - but it's not really the heat issue. They have more mass at the periphery which tends to make them bite later and generally smooth the cluch action. heat is more of a problem with variators because when they get hot, the belt gets hot and this actually affects the transmission making it seem like the rollers are getting heavier.

9. matt kuhnert

matt kuhnert Member

Ahh alright I understand now, my variator does get pretty hot, getting a ceramic made outer variator piece will only just help with cooling basically aswell right

10. matt kuhnert

matt kuhnert Member

Since i urgently need a clutch so im going to have to go with a cheaper option trying to decide between the malossi fly clutch, stage 6 sport pro clutch and the motoforce evolution clutch. Which one is the best to go for? they are all the same price at 47 euros off scooter attack and the motoforce is 3 euros cheaper

11. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Malossi !

12. matt kuhnert

matt kuhnert Member

So i had a bit of trouble on the weekend, went in to buy some food came out and all my coolant was on the floor :( luckily i had tools on me and refilled the coolant bottle up with water just to get it home and once i got it home and dissasembled the whole scooter found out it was the hose on the top of the cylinder head how theres 2 things that come out and a little hose that just connects the 2 so its just doing nothing but shutting them off had cracked, luckily i had spare hose and fixed the problem and since my coolant had all been flushed out i put all new coolant in it and while it was apart had a fiddle with the idle screw. Made the idle abit higher and the scooter is running like a true dream now, never cuts out when stopped always sitting perfect idle speed and the scooter is feeling faster to ride for some reason like i reach top speed alot faster and it is alot quicker to the top speed like before it would zoom to 80 then once it gets off the speedo it takes quite abit till it goes all the way down to the temp light but now it just keeps going without any stopping or anything so im happy now just for the clutch and i think thatll be it :)

turbovetto likes this.
  13. matt kuhnert

matt kuhnert Member

Today i was driving with someone on the back and we stopped at the shops to get cashout quickly, when we hopped back on i noticed the back wheel felt like it was spinning around like so i immediately stopped. Turns out my yss suspension shock has i guess blown? well alot of oil went everywhere and all the little bits have come out of the shock middle bit and the spring wasnt sitting on tight. Not sure what has caused this as i did go over speedhumps before but not that fast at all and they were just normal speedhumps so im not to sure what couldve gone wrong here and if it could be fixed? will add pics tomorrow