Aerox Help

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by [-Jebus-], Nov 22, 2008.

1. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

Right i know basically fek all about tuning a scooter tbh :) so i've flicked through this forum over the past few days trying to pick up some tips etc. :)

what i've gathered is the best exhaust i can buy is the Yasuni C16

however people have mentioned things like "if your setup can take it" :confused:...

My ped atm, i've had it to like 60 ish? according to the speedo on itself (i know they're menna be gash but shh :p) down a hill, its hit that little red light at the very bottom of the clock... it probs woulda got a bit higher but i braked cos the corner was worse than i had anticipated... lol (yeah im a noob on a bike :p)

that was once it'd been taken into my local yamaha shop as when i bought it, their words were "it went like the clappers" (local phrase) and quite frankly the baotian i had before it fucked it all over thats how bad it was lol!

so yeah, they de-coned the exhaust and cleaned it out i think he said, as i drove it out the garage, i shit my fucking pants, it was rapid lol...

but since then it seems to be going downhill, so i'm asking you guys for advice on how to make it go back up that hill, and with a bit of luck a bit further...

budget doesn't really matter too much, i get 500 quid a month'ish and about 100-200 of that is spent on phone bills petrol yatta yatta yatta... so yeah, i have money to spend

HOWEVER: one of the things i seriuosly don't plan on doing atm is getting a big bore kit, as my dad will probs just punch me when i suggest it lol...

so yeah :) help pls? :D

thanks in advance? :)

EDIT: i'll try and get some pics up when i've found some and re-sized them lol cos atm they'll fill like 2 screens, cos my cameras awful lol

2. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    nothing you buy or fit to your bike will be worth while without a 'big bore kit' sorry mate thats just the way it is ;) introduce yourself too :D

3. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

hmmm ok then mate, so if i do decide to do that, what you suggest i do actually do? lol

and if i must - im liam, 16 live in NW england (full of fucking hills and rain lol) ride a Rossi Rep Aerox from 2004 ('54 plate) we've changed it from that cheap tacky "GO!!!!!!" style to the newest rossi replica, the Tech 1 i think it is? been ridin since like july, started off with a baotian 4 stroke (yea i know... shush :) )

erm... thats about it rly :p well, all you lot are gunna find out

wish to know more add me on msn - Liam12346@hotmail.co.uk

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    yopu shit your pants at a derestricrted 50? LOLOL

m8, first things first,m buy a decent crank and 70 kit.. fuck all point buying ANYTHING untill you do..

5. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

well obv not literally took a dump in my boxers lol :p but yeah, considering what it was like at first, it wus like a fucking restricted 4 stroke at first... when i got it, then i got it sorted and it kinda amazed me....

don't laugh at me :( lol

and you say buy a "decent crank and 70 kit" point me in the right direction please? cos knowing me i'd buy something you lot would consider the biggest heap of shit i could of spent my money on :( ... lol

sooo... any suggestions? :D

6. mhr-typhoon

mhr-typhoon New Member

Polini sport kit,bgm crank/pm tuning crank,19mm carb polini variator set that comes with 2 sets of rollers,belt n contra spring ,box of jets, and a selection of rollers and clutch springs,lazerx pro pipe, would be a verry reliable if set up right

7. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

k thanks :) any ideas how much that would all roughly cost? and you say "would be a very reliable if set up right " hah i love it, as i said i know almost naff all about scooters tbh, it would shock you how pathetic my knowledge is on them :)

no more opinions on what i could burn money on? :) lol (not literally burn but yano..)

8. eddiesmith

eddiesmith Member

Another popular set up would be the malossi mhr rep kit/ polini corsa, a yasuni c16, and a 21mm carb..obviously with the other stuff to suit especially crank! but yeh that will make you shit yourself if your impressed by a derestricted 50 lol
    i know people on here arent fans of pm tuning but there price on the mhr rep and c16 are the best iv seen and thats + the vat they dont state on the site.

9. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

k i'll consider that one too :p and, "obviously with the other stuff to suit" means nout to me :p im guessing that means clutch springs rollers jets etc. etc?

10. eddiesmith

eddiesmith Member

yeh thats right, transmission is probably more important than the power your putting through it...ud be surprised how many 70cc scooters iv beaten on my standard cylinder, because they dont have a clue about setting it up!

11. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

yea :) lol i'd probs be one of them, there any guides on this forum somewhere on how to set them up? i'll have a flick through and see if i can find one :w00t:

12. eddiesmith

eddiesmith Member

no theres not mate simply because there are no set guidelines, no 2 engines are the same even with similar sets ups believe it or not, so its aways a case of trial n error unless u got the monies to fork out for a dyno set up, obviously people can advise you but just cause something works on one bike doesnt mean its right for everyone elses. for eg when i had mine, minor was a great help even tho hes not a fan of minerellis. if you decide your bore, exhaust, carb people can give you a rough idea...you wouldnt believe how much iv learnt from this site over the last yr!

13. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

k then dude thanks for that, i'm hoping to learn as much as you have, possibly more so i can basically kick my mate in the face and tell him he's wrong when he says that its his fuel jet restricting his shitty Daelim...

lol but yeah, i'll have to run it through with my dad if i catch him in a good mood tbh :) he'll probs just say sumat like "well why you need that done?" hah dick...

14. Vesta

Vesta New Member

Mines always like that lol had to fit the 70 kit at my grandads to try and hide the fact he was overly against it

If you've got the money to spend and know fuck all about peds why dont you take it to a shop? Alot do charge over the odds but atleast if anything went wrong you'd have someone to point the finger at rather then kickin in your footwell (new one was only £3)

15. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

wow seriously? haha... difference is

where i live theres 2 places for scooters to be taken imo, theres
    J&L Yamaha - 1 hours labour = 48 quid...
    Alan Reay - Aparantly the guys a twat, never met him, don't plan on it

so yeah, hence why im wanting to do it all myself, and it would teach me alot, therefore when my brother gets round to getting a ped - i could change it so it fucks his mates ones all over :D

(what was only £3??? :confused:)

16. Vesta

Vesta New Member

Lol nevermind

You will learn alot but you learn from mistakes, and so far my mistakes have cost over £250

Get a haynes manual, if you can for that scoot

Oh and make sure you do alot of PROPER reading first, dont go around people with scooters telling you a 70kit will blow up your bike or that rollers will add 10mph etc

This is the best place to learn, there aren't that many tutorials but maybe if we all hold hands and prey to our lord, tErrO we can have the guide section back

17. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

Haynes manual for an aerox? Haha never knew those things existed, i'll have a look next time i go past halfords or somewhere :)

and yeah, i usually learn from other ppls mistakes, and i havn't rly listened to anyone who's said shit about my engine blowing up or rollers adding speed - me n my dad fucked about with rollers and it dropped 10 mph off the top end hah... we changed them back

and there was a guide section? ;o still is isn't there? :confused:

*gets on his knees and prays* :p lol

im off for the night :) comment tomorrow or something ciao

18. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

Looking at this setup - i gather "polini sport kit" is a 70cc kit lol... Contra spring and belt? Kevlar belt im guessing and Spring?? :confused:arc:

Here is my rough look on the price for them

Polini Sport Kit : Corsa 70cc Cylinder Kit £187.52 (donotlink-Pedstop)
    BGM Crank/PM Tuning Crank : Pm tuning around £75-80
    19mm Carb : Malossi 19mm Race Carb Kit + Air Filter £ 94.65
    Polini variator set with 2 sets of rollers : £47.50 (donotlink-Pedstop)
    Belt + contra spring :
    Box of jets :
    Selection of rollers + Clutch springs : Springs £10-20 Rollers £7 a set?
    lazer x pro pipe : £113.50 (donotlink-Pedstop)

Anyone recommend anything different at all? as this totals up too: £563.50 Ish

any other recommendations? :)

19. rideorcollide

rideorcollide Active Member

Rides:
    TYPH 172
    go on WWW.SCOOTER-ATTACK.COM

i reckon this setup would be alright,
    malossi mhr rep kit £150
    bgm or malossi crank £100??
    malossi variator £50
    malossi torque drive £70
    box o jets n springs £20
    malossi belt £20
    21mm carb £70

then a decent pipe..pm tuning, hebo performer, anything but a laser really, those are rough prices by the way but yh.. i was running basically the same setup on my zip but minus the crank and it put a big smile on my face.. everyday.

20. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

i dunno why but i hate scooterattack, not organised th way its all on there lol, like on donotlink its organisd by price, on attack, i dont think it has any organisation so you end up looking through like 7 pages before you find what you want =\