Aerox build up

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by waxhead, Aug 18, 2008.

1. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    well done with the result.. 24 hours is mean on any engine LOL

evo 50 barrel.... is it stock crank class? or can you do crank swaps/any porting allow'd?

2. waxhead

waxhead Member

you can do pretty much anything
    as long as its 50cc
    so porting cases is allowed
    I will be running a kart starter o the flywheel nut so i can run my inner rotoer and help it off the corners
    Im looking to get hold of a quick turn throttle as that was killing me

I really need another set of cases to build this thing

The stage6 suspension i mean the rpm suspension will really help it sit on the track nice
    I reckon the aerox will be a hard scooter to beat

3. waxhead

waxhead Member

this was our scooter we were riding
    [​IMG]

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    come on, chineese q/a throttles are CHEAP. im sure you can find one (shiny's local crosser shop does them for less than 20 quid british)

so aslong as it dont exceed 50cc your fine? id be VERRY tempted to butcher one of the motorforce 70 kits, install a sleve to bring it down to 50 and cut the identical map onto it... then raise the ports and get the fucker revving...

OR theres a short throw crank? rpm anyone? 70 kit, cut the top/bottom equally, reduce the stroke 30% (not sure of the stroke/bore) and you have a 50 engine, with huge port timings. would have to be a soft ass kit as the ports will grow as your aware (same port, shorter stroke = harsher timings)

theres plenty ways you can go with it really. you can make pipes so thats the main obsticle of the 50 barrel out the way.

5. waxhead

waxhead Member

yeah a quick turn throttle of ebay is what i will be buying

Im going to go for a 50cc evo more than likely
    It a bit more expsensive but hang the expense i want to win

Yeha the right pipe is going to be the tricky bit
    I will make pipe that works no issue there
    Will start with a pipe you can buy and then make cones etc to make it work for me

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if its an evo 50 your gonna run theres pipes that arnt far off... you will love it tho :D just a shame theres no open class... im a REAL open class sort of guy tbh (refined equal racing? no no, i can ride and ride well on a standardised machine, but i want my toolbox to win races not my riding) but good luck with it.. how long do you have till the next meet~?

7. waxhead

waxhead Member

12mths till next race
    But i am the sort of guy that waits and then gets parts as they come up
    to try and save money
    Yeah i guess the polini race pipe would be an easy buy as its right

Those derb gp1,s hande well huh

Yeah i wish there was a 70cc class but they dont have it
    Other wise i woudl run it the way it is now

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    there no shorter races in the area? i woukld love to track race again but scoot wheels in englands constantly damp conditions are a no no, i literally cant have fun on my bike unless the roads are BONE dry (wich isnt offen anymore) too bumpy and sheer dangerous. ah well..

ditch the polini pipe. c16/21 mabey modded would run better on the timings.. just a little big for the cylinder... (ill sort dimentions of the 21 if you like. with the evo port timings, let you figure the best way round it?) honestly, polini pipes are the only letdown from the company.. the 50 pipes arnt worth bothering with (wich is a shame as the rest of there products id have over anything)

9. waxhead

waxhead Member

cheers for that
    the main issue i see with running a c21 is the exhaust stinger size
    you would have to reduce it to get the back pressure correct

If you cna find out the c21 lengths i would be very happy

it was raining here as well for the first 10 hours of this race
    It cam right after that
    about 10 oclock at night

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    m8, alex has one on his bike i want to messure up anyway (c21).. can give you all the effective lengh's and cone diameters if you wish.. or just straight dimentions (could send you a paper template if it was a piggy engine)

upto you... stinger is easy.. reduce diameter. is there a db limit on the track? if not run fuck all can and cut the stinger back old school... will be loud as fuck, but its the BEST :D

in all honesty i dont make pipes, i can bearly get one out of a port calculator so no expert atall on the subject, might be worth talking to the dwarf boys as there REAL good with a sheet, calculator and a welder :p know there stuff on pipes more than anyone id trust (in all honesty i wouldetn really ask advice about pipe dimetions from anyone else.. when it comes to customs anyway)

11. waxhead

waxhead Member

im ok with an exhaust calculator
    I will just wait to see what cylinder i get first and then go with that

Im looking forward to building up a fast little racer

12. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    prob is the same calculators have been used to make the pipe polini make for the barrels they make, an there not the best... calculators take you so far, testing, ignoring what you know and to a point guesswork WILL make a better performing pipe than a calculator.. ye its smart as fuck and pritymuch spot on, but theres too many variables for any calculation to work out whats perfect (the c21 for instance is developed based on dimentions then tweaked obviously)

but ye, whatever pipe you end up running/modding/making there will always be a marginal gain possible (just getting it from a flat pipe to fitting on a bike means some tricky sneeky angle cuts, rotations and added/removed material.. this means theres SO muchb scope for miscalculation.

calculators are fucking good. but i woudletn completly rely on them.. you are gonna be cutting it about im sure.

13. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Dude... i totally forgot about it....
    I would have loved to come down and have squize......

Congrats on the 3rd place... heres for 1st next year :beer:

14. waxhead

waxhead Member

thanks simon
    Yeah was a hard slog
    those derbi gp1 are fast with there mid mounted engines and low unsprung weight
    I think the aerox can give them a run
    Hopefully i will find out next year
    The good suspension on my scoot plus the water cooling should help it

15. SimonT

SimonT New Member

So anyone can enter?

How many laps did you do?

16. waxhead

waxhead Member

yes anyone can enter
    laps not sure actually
    alot

17. SimonT

SimonT New Member

i can imagine...

I know you had a busy weekend, but did you manage to check out that stuff on scooter center?

18. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    these long events arnt about speed, there about reliability aswell as the highest levels of fatigue and dehydration LOL (how many times did you mutter to yourself "ill go for a piss after one more lap) LOL

19. waxhead

waxhead Member

yeah but if you do it right you can have both

hey minior
    do you have a paypal address
    If i send you some money can you buy some areox cases for me off ebay and get them shipped to me

20. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    erm... surely you can create some fake assed account on ebay.co.uk, use my address and pay wiht your own paypal? gladly send em out to you ether way pal. im just LAZY when it comes to postage...but ye, gladly..
    there may be somone wiht a set lying about on here i can pickup..

got a piggy case i can send you, no charge LOL