Aerox 70 kit from old to new!!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Husky510, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Sounds like there's a restriction in the fuel flow at the carb inlet. The fact that the fuel bowl is full when you remove it could be down to it filling back up from the fuel in the pipe in the time between when it stops to when you remove the bowl. this suggests that the vacuum switch and fuel pipe are okay.
    I would have a good look at the float valve and see if it is sticking or causing a restriction in the fuel flow if it's not letting the fuel into the bowl quicly enough then the bowl will empty on full throttle but refill when stopped..

2. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

just to let you know , aeroxes has a common problem with reed blocks as the reeds that come in stock are metal and if there is any upgrade to an engine they just snap off , thats what happened to my mate he was running hes 70's set up similar to yours and a hole formed in a reed and bike would run like a dream to 50mph but after that would just bog and cut out then start and run fine again. so check that and get hold of some nice reedblock with carbon reeds so in the future your reeds dont snap off and get into your engine which would mean fucked up crank and barrel :) hope it helps

3. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Bought another carb... exactly the same as the one playing up... and the new carby works great. No cutting out. I am returning the original one I bought.

However, when I put the new carb on i transferred my jet setting from the old carb, and now it runs like a dog off the line. Its exactly the same brand and size carb. Are they all different. Do I have to go through the setup of jets again???

I am running an 85 with airbox and no snorkel... and it spluttering off the line... its terrible!!!

4. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    They have such close tolerances that even the slightest variation will have an effect. The spluttering off the line sounds like the transition from pilot to main jet. it's usually sorted by adjusting the needle height.

5. Husky510

Husky510 Member

ok thanks Mr. Bizzle...

I know most you guys wouldnt approve but have been playing with a 20.5 Dellorto... the top end is immense... it really screams!!! Only running an 85 jet with a pod... I thought it would have needed a bigger jet with a 20.5 carb!!!???

when I have put a 95 jet in it... struggles to get moving!

6. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    I've come to the conclusion that ped tuning is not a science but an art and a black one at that. It seems that what works well on one engine doesn't on another .
    I'm glad that your getting what you expected with a screaming top end (as you should with a larger carb) but how's the take off?

7. Husky510

Husky510 Member

take off is as good with the 17.5... If I pull on the bars the front lifts nicely.... I was just pleasantly surprised with the top end

8. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Result, good on you mate.