Aerox 70 kit from old to new!!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Husky510, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    What variator weights are you using

2. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Using 4g... Also tried 3.5 g

3. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    That sounds about right, I also use 4g, what about the clutch though?

4. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Just a standard clutch .. I tried a standard clutch with blue Polini springs... But didn't help any

5. Husky510

Husky510 Member

trying all sorts of things.... compression is around 85psi, and my squish clearance is around 1.0mm WITHOUT a gasket.... whats yours at Mr Bizzle??

6. Husky510

Husky510 Member

So my bike won't run on a 95 jet... runs too rich and splutters... and runs too lean with a 90... runs out of fuel (it seems) at around 80kmh with open throttle!!! :confused:o_O

7. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Havn't measured my squish, i fitted the kit saw that the piston was clearing the head and just left it at that.
    85psi sounds a little low to me, my compression tester is knackered and allways gives a low reading but even that registered higher than 85..

8. Husky510

Husky510 Member

yeah I have 3 Aerox's... a 50, a street race 70 and a Malossi 70 sport.. they all register 85-90psi

Still trying to work out my bike.

Am now running a pod filter with a 100 jet, and pulls nicely off the line... but no matter what size jet, open filter or with air box... it cuts out when running at high RPM for about 5-10 seconds... I have to pull over, wait for the carb to catch up again... then its off again... its like the fuel bowl runs out of fuel or something... have tried big jets with open filter and air box... and small jets with open filter and air box... I am completely lost!!!!

9. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    have you cleaned the carb out, checked for sticky float needle etc, it could be a fuel elivery issue rather then jetting

10. Husky510

Husky510 Member

No... It's a brand new Carby, so I thought it should be operating properly

11. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Tested carb.. Float works great... Sucked on vacuum line and fuel rushes through

12. derekjohn

derekjohn anyone got a 125/172/182 engine for sale?

Rides:
    NRG power
    doesent piaggio come standard with a 17.5 dellorto?

13. Husky510

Husky510 Member

So I am growing tired of this cutting out problem ... So I put the standard 12mm carb back on with a 75 jet and airbox, and the bike runs beautiful... You can hold it flat out for as long as you like. So I put the 17.5 carb back on... and again its great off the line, but hold the power on for more than 10 seconds and its running out fuel (it seems)and dies. I pull over, have to kick it a few times and comes good again.

When it dies, I have pulled the carb bowl off, and there is fuel in there, vacuum works great. Have tried carb set up with a jet as small as a 68 with airbox all the way to a 100 with a pod filter.... still no luck... symptoms are the same... cuts out with more than 10 seconds of running!

14. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    I think that you need to get it on a rolling road to sort the issue.

15. dilz

dilz New Member

to me it sounds like a problem with the vacuum line/hole in carb where the line comes in, maybe its blocked abit, blow it out with an airline, or you could fit a fuel on/off tap and get rid of the vacuum feed.

16. Duggiedan

Duggiedan Piaggio zip 50cc

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    hey i had the exact same problem buddy and it was doing my head in ride for couple seconds n then cut out like no fuel i was thinking maybe pipe blocked ect but wen you say it works fine with other carb right get you new carb are re-adjust the float its using the fuel faster than it can refill

17. Husky510

Husky510 Member

How do I adjust.... its not adjustable... do I heat up the plastic or something???

18. Husky510

Husky510 Member

I have the airbox on with an 85 jet... and it runs for about 5-10 seconds than nothing... surely the carby is designed better than for it to run out of fuel!!!???

19. Duggiedan

Duggiedan Piaggio zip 50cc

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    im not 100 percent sure on this but i put myn on dyno at psn and they did it but he said they just heated the metal plate at back and bent it so was getting fuel faster to stop it cutting out at certain revs

20. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Even I adjust the float aren't I just giving myself a few more seconds of time until it runs out of fuel again??