Aerox 70 kit from old to new!!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Husky510, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Husky510

Husky510 Member

I actually copied you with jet size... It had a 95 standard jet in the 17.5 carb but it wouldnt run with it.. so i pulled the airbox of and it took off!!!! so I am down to an 83... so will see how that goes tomorrow

2. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Keep the airbox and filter, just remove the snorkel.

3. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    what carb is the 17.5 mate? as mine came with a 90 as the main jet

4. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Yeah its way too loud without the airbox... the neighbours wouldnt like it... so I have to make the airbox work.

Not sure... just says "YSN17.5" on the side

5. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    It'll still be a bit noisy with the snorkel removed, but at least it will breath better.

6. Husky510

Husky510 Member

I noticed my pilot jet is a 38.... and yours is a 27... will that still work???

7. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Are changing the reeds super important for now??? No one in OZ has in stock, and I dont feel like pulling my other bike apart to get to my Malossi reed block....

8. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Probably not, but be aware that the standard reads don't last long when you fit a 70 kit, also the throttle response is better with fibre reads.
    Just watch out for spitting back through the carb.

9. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    The only way to know is to suck it and see. I dont think mine is perfect as it stutters slightly when opening the throttle. I'm sure that fiddling with the mixture and needle height will cure this, but at the moment i can't be arsed as it's such a small issue when you spend 90% of the time on the main jet.

10. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    if they are metal reeds take them off right now ..they will split and there is your cylinder and bearings gone

11. Husky510

Husky510 Member

I have tried an 83 with the airbox and its just not punchy of that fast.
    I put the 95 back in with no airbox, and it popped a big wheelie down the road but then it seems to fuel up and just bogs down again off the line... you can ride down the road with the 95 jet but it doesn't run that great past 50kmh, but it goes well up to the 50kmh mark

Any senario's I should try do you think?

My needle is set on the middle notch... I have 2 options above and below

12. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Have you removed the snorkel from the airbox?

13. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Yes had no snorkel from the start.... I moved the needle two notches up, then one notch down... then a notch below middle.. and still quite boggy... on the rare occasion (ussually when cold) it will wheelie... then bogging after that...

14. Husky510

Husky510 Member

I am inclined just to run a pod filter

15. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Whats the air temperature like with you .
    My bike runs shit in warm weather , hot air is less dense so it richens the mixture and ideally I should jet down when the weather is hot. We are having a really crap summer so it's not an issue for me at the moment.
    This is the payoff when tuning a ped the smallest things make a big difference.

16. Husky510

Husky510 Member

quite cool, about 16 degrees... Winter here at the moment... so its very cool

17. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Try a smaller jet with the airbox and see if it runs better or worse, If it's worse keep the airbox and upjet.
    If it runs well when cold it could be that the choke is still partially closed which will richen the mixture. If this is so it may suggest that it is running lean and you need to upjet.
    Do try to keep the airbox it will sharpen throttle response. Raising and lowering the needle should only affect the transition from pilot to main jet.

18. Husky510

Husky510 Member

I don't have the coolant running through the carby... Will that affect the choke?

19. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    No , the coolant is there to warm the fuel in very cold weather. the choke is either manual or electrical you can check the operation of the electrical choke by taking it off and applying a 12v supply to it. You will then plainly see it operate and it might be worth doing this just to check that this isn't causing the problems.

20. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Ok, choke is good... ran an 83 jet... and it was leaning out at about 80klm/h ... starting cutting out... then tried an 88.. still cutting out but better... now I am on a 95 (standard airbox no snorkel)... seems punchy enough... just wish it pull wheelies like the streetrace 70's on youtube... some of those wheelies on there are effortless... mine will wheelie but have to give it some serious encouragement.