aerox 50cc no power

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Paul Gibbons, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Paul Gibbons

Paul Gibbons New Member

Hi everyone i'm new to site an d I have just started working on scooters which I am loving rebuilding a Aerox 50cc I am only starting to learn how a scooter works ,I have a problem someone can help with the aerox works fine on its stand revs back wheel flies round but when you try to ride it it will start to move for about 20 yard then stops pulling it has standard exhaust new plug carb seems ok new clutch ive been reading that the bell that goes over clutch could be smooth and cause loss of power due to not pulling but other than that I am lost for ideas to try please help.

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Are the revs dying out when it's running out of power? Or does it rev it's tits off without going anywhere?

3. Paul Gibbons

Paul Gibbons New Member

Ye revs die down but still ticks over

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah that's not the clutch or belt...
    Rings? Air filter? Plug?

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Take the air filter off, see if it's better or worse.
    If it's better with the filter off, put it back on, then drop the main jet size down one size at a time
    If it's worse with the filter off, put it back on and go up one jet size at a time
    Set the fuel/air mix screw at 2 turns out from fully in
    Could be someone has played with the carb before

6. Paul Gibbons

Paul Gibbons New Member

Thank you I will try it will let you know how I get one .

7. Paul Gibbons

Paul Gibbons New Member

I have took the carb off and it has a 62 in it but what should it be if bike has no mods on it it looks a stock bike to me.

Thanks

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

62 sounds about right. Or is it 72 stock?

9. Paul Gibbons

Paul Gibbons New Member

I’ve looked up it seems to be 62 the carb is 12 how will I know if it’s derestricted what got me was on it’s stand ran sound but when you tried to ride it it would be fine for 20 yards then bogged but if you stopped it would rev up again would only do 10 mile an hour

10. Paul Gibbons

Paul Gibbons New Member

On the bike is a box which says MBK 5RJ and there is no pipes connected to anything what’s it for

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I think it's a pairs device. Emissions stuff...
    Get it running right before you look at tuning...

12. Paul Gibbons

Paul Gibbons New Member

I have found out it had carbon fibre reeds fitted will that make a difference

13. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

only if they are split or have pieces missing off them, but I don;t think thats the problem

14. Paul Gibbons

Paul Gibbons New Member

How would I start to maybe upgrade the bike with some sort of kit say a 70 kit what would I need as this is doing my head In it ticks over great on stand but as soon as you ride it only gets too 20 ml an hour it’s as though as soon as it has weight on it it won’t pull.

15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Get it to run right before you put a 70 kit on it. 50cc should get you like 50mph? Steve?
    Do as Steve says. Take the filter off and see how it is.
    Also try not going full throttle, but like 95 percent full.

16. Paul Gibbons

Paul Gibbons New Member

Tried that this morning still same just doesn’t want to pull it revs great on stand I’ve had carb off has jet it should have blowing my mind

17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Tried a brand new plug?

18. Paul Gibbons

Paul Gibbons New Member

I have was first thing I changed it’s a mystery
    Which is main part responsible for pulling power and turning back wheel because when on stand you would think everything ok it revs to full throttle and back wheel flys round but as soon as you try to rid it there’s no pull power.

19. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I honestly think it's a fueling issue. Like the main jet is either too big or too small, or possibly the rings are nearly gone...

20. Paul Gibbons

Paul Gibbons New Member

I will try jets first were will I purchase different size jets to try if they don’t work I will replace rings thank yo for being patient with me .