aerox 50cc fuel problem

Discussion in 'Scooter Guides' started by cdm, Nov 24, 2012.

1. cdm

cdm New Member

Hi, first post, my son has a 2010 50cc aerox, the problem is I can not get fuel threw system unless I take off air filter and hold my hand over the carb air intake until it fills the the bowl, then I have to replace the air filter, then it will start with no problems for most of the day, but the next day when I try to start it, same problem, no fuel getting threw again,
    Bike has had a top end rebuild,compression good,and new spark plug,bike runs fine.

PLEASE HELP

2. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

check for air leaks from the filter side

3. andy-pp

andy-pp Member

the float bowl should be already full in the morning unless the fuel is slowly leaking ? the bowl will only fill when the engine is running or cranking so if it is slowly leaking over night this can cause a similar problem as the bike will not start until it has cranked long enough to re-fill the bowl
    if however the float bowl is full in the morning then you are just richening the mixture by putting your hand over the carb which as ALY has mentioned could point to an air-leak or perhaps the auto-choke stuck in the out position-
    check that the airbox is sealed properly with no screws missing or cracks and that the 'snorkel' is still in place in the airbox and the foam insert is correctly fitted and not ripped, and that the rubber inlet manifold is not split