Aerox 100 Tuning Advice

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Liam, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Liam

Liam New Member

Rides:
    Aerox 100cc
    Hi im new to scooter tuning and im looking for some advice with my aerox 100cc at the moment im running everything standard accept 6.8g rollers and a tecnigas rs 100cc exhaust and it sits at an indicated 60-65mph on flat road but I was wondering what performance parts were worth getting my target speed is 70-80mph.

Is it worth getting a big bore kit there are 2 ive seen on ebay for reasonable money Both from Taiwan the 1st one is this
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-I...94?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item27c4724146

And the 2nd one is made by naraku here
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-Ae...96?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f12f469c4

Would either of them be worth getting and if I did what speeds could I expect. Thanks.

2. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    Unfortunately you will not get 70-80mph out of it.

On mine i had both the Malossi 120 and DrPulley 115 kit on it along with big carb and the same exhaust as you have and transmission changed - with either i only saw about 5mph extra over standard *on a good day* although it did accelerate slightly faster.

The problem is the 100cc engines aren't designed to be reved - the best combination would be one of those cylinders and a standard exhaust and rejetted standard carb.

Anything more is really just a waste of money.

The Taiwan kit is ok for the money though.

3. Sketchytom

Sketchytom Roach

Rides:
    Rally 50 you get me
    nakaru arnt too bad tbh one of the better budget brands from that region

4. Liam

Liam New Member

Rides:
    Aerox 100cc
    Thats a shame I guess I will stick with my standard cylinder untill it has had it then get the taiwan big bore kit. My engine revs pretty high flat out its at 9000 - 9500 but from 0-40 it isnt the best acceleration but once it hits 40mph it flys to 60mph so im going to get lighter rollers but not sure how much lighter current is 6.8 I might try 6.0 when you had the stock cylinder and the rs exhaust what roller weights did you find worked well as you had the same setup as me so I should get roughly the same results and one other thing did you upjet for the rs pipe because I havent but I think its running slightly rich because I never have to use the choke to start it lol anyway thanks for replying.

5. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    Well my bike had a big 22mm carb so jetting would be completely different to the standard 16mm TK carb you have.

You defiantely need to upjet for that exhaust though!

IIRC the Technigas paperwork recommended 6g rollers for an otherwise standard engine so you're not far off. I also tried 4.5 and 5g rollers which improved acceleration further but it meant it was running flat out everywhere - it got a few looks becuase of the noise so i'd stick with what Technigas recommend unless you want pulled over!

To help with the 0-40 stiffer clutch springs will definately help (the 3 small ones not the big contra spring).

The standard ones are quite soft so the clutch is engaging before the bike hits the exhaust powerband meaning it'll be bogging until it hits 40/high revs.

Yours has a 110mm cluth - Beedspeed do them for about £10;

http://beedspeed.com/product_info.php?cPath=74_227_246&products_id=3315

6. Liam

Liam New Member

Rides:
    Aerox 100cc
    i actually have the malossi clutch springs might put them in if it isn't too hard lol just not sure what colour to put in yellow seems the best bet as they lock at 4000 - 5000 at what rpm did the ones you used lock at? I'm beginning to think that the guy I bought the aerox from upjetted the carb because it runs soo well.

oh and I read through your bw50 project and noticed you couldnt use the 100cc aerox rear wheel I was wondering if you still have it as I need a new back tyre but my rim is flaking and nasty so what price would you do for the wheel and the new tyre. Thanks

7. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    I used Top Performance ones which use different colours - green for lightest, purple then red for stiffest.

I ended up on red (stiffest) - that exhaust kicks in around 7k so it seemed you're going to want springs that kick in close to that.

Fitting them will be a problem if you've not got the tools - ideally you're going to want;

1. An impact gun to take the clutch bell off,
    2. The proper 38mm (iirc) spanner to remove the clutch nut underneith,
    3. A bench vice or mate to take the tension of the contra spring as you loosen it otherwise it'll spring off and hit in the face!
    4. A clutch spring tool (basically a hook) to remove and refit the new springs,
    5. A torque wrench to do the cluth bell nut up.
    Like everything its a 10 minute job if you've got all that but if not you might be as well putting it in somewhere becuase at best you'll be £20 for just the spanner and the clutch spring tool.

Maybe theres someone in your area that might be able to do it?

Tyre and wheel wise; the tyre cost me £30, the wheel £25, coating £20 so by the time we factor in postage from sunny Scotland it's gonna cost you i'm afraid.

You would be better to just buy a tyre, remove the wheel and get a local garage to fit it - fitting will only be a tenner after all so you could have your rear done for just £40.

Here are the links i used;

These guys are mega quick at delivery and Maxxis tyres are also a good brand.

8. Liam

Liam New Member

Rides:
    Aerox 100cc
    The problem is my wheel is nasty and the paint is flaking off but I cant find anywhere close enough to get it refurbished and I can't find any drum brake aerox wheels for sale lol. Thanks for your help btw.

9. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    Ah right.

Well let me weigh the thing and get costs for postage and i'll see what i can do - i'll PM you later.

What colour is your front wheel?

10. Liam

Liam New Member

Rides:
    Aerox 100cc
  11. SupaRox

SupaRox Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    I would have a quick look at the jet anyway buddy! I thought my Aerox ran well, but when I checked it was running the stadard jet! Not sure why it didn't seize tbh