Advice

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Miss L, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Miss L

Miss L New Member

My son has a peugot speedfight 2 100cc silver moped and unfortunately it has stopped working seeming to have no power well after trying several attempts to fix this my son has given up on it and so I am going to try and sale it as i know that this type of moped are quite sort after in some circles.
    The advice i would like is what would be a fair price for me and the potential buyer be? Also where would be the best place to advertise?

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    hello miss L and welcome to the shack.

your sons scooter would more enticing if it was running , its always the way. as for selling places like gumtree - ebay - and facebook could be options, but you would need to mention in the adverts that the scooter is a non runner , problem here is the asking price what ever happens your going to be bombared with offers like £100 - £50 - a mars bar etc etc. and its due to the bike being a non runner.

if the bike starts and runs but lacks any kind of power, its possible the top end has gone ( piston rings have failed and your not getting a full seal on cylinder wall) its a common thing on a scooter thats been hard balled 24/7 , to find out if that is the problem requires a compression test , the compression should be above 90psi

3. Miss L

Miss L New Member

Thank you for the advice