Advice

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by JoJo, Sep 29, 2013.

1. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I have a Universal Mirror Clamp from, thats why I dont need Cylinders with the holes in them, just hard trying to find a matching set without the holes, been looking on eBay and Amazon and random other websites but just cant find a matching set that'll fit my Bar and without the holes.

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

No, finding them without holes for a scooter is hard, but you can always blank the hole off with a rubber plug.
    Then you change the cylinder cap for something like R&G racing caps, or grab something that slips over the top of the original cap and makes it look different. Then fit bar end mirrors. And flashy grips.:rolleyes:

3. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I cant use the ones with holes as there isnt enough space on my Bar for them... thats why I had to put my Universal Cylinder back on as if I kept my original one one... my Switches wouldnt of fitted onto the Bar which are obv needed, so thats why I need to find ones without the holes, I have 2 on now, but they're different and different size, just wanted matching ones really....

Also, I came across this, are these any good do you know?
    http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/1734/automatic-brake-bleeding-valve-m10-x-10#

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Great idea, but if you look it goes into the banjo bolt hole and not the bleed bolt hole. So you would have to do the bleeding with the caliper off the bike and the banjo bolt in the upright position (12 o'clock) to enable all the air to get out of the caliper. Certainly do-able, but i think i'll stick with the tried and tested methods of doing it properly.

5. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Yeah think i'll stick with that aswell, was just looking for pipes and cylinders and came across it...

if you do come across any cylinders, front and rear that are the same, can you let me know,
    or any cheaper pipes :)

im really hoping these washers help with the braking issue, else im totally stumped on what to do next with it, but we'll see.

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

They take Paypal as well:)

8. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    They dont sell to the UK though, only USA and Puerto Rico :-(

9. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

sonofabitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never spotted that!
    Hmmmmmmm

10. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Its a pain in the backside, like with the Universal one I got, theyre STILL out of stock for the front one, and I found one very similar but its like twice as much as I paid for the rear, even if they're used but still look good then i'd get them.

11. GazD

GazD Active Member

go careful buying bits from the US,,,i purchased a small bracket for a minimoto a few year back and ended up paying £50 to customs

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

if the items purchased are less than £35 sterling when converted, you dont have to pay import duty or vat

13. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Got the Copper Washers, put them on the Caliper side, the ones on the Cylinder side had rubber on them which was mangled so replaced them with the new Copper ones, but when putting the Banjo Bolt back in, it just turned and turned, looked into the Cylinder and the threads gone (typical cheap Universal crap) so i've put my old one back on for now, but with that on.. the switches wont fit on so i've had to put them on the middle of the bar for now, so yeah, defo need to buy a new Cylinder now for the rear!! if anyone comes across one let me know, I cant have one that has the Mirror hole on.

14. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

oh dear.................or words to that effect. You're having no luck with this little job are you.

15. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Nope... will Cylinders from a Yamaha Aerox work with my Bike? as the front one I have might be from a Yamaha YZ Bike... do you think the Aerox ones will work though? and they'll most likely be the same bar diameter wont they? the Bar I got is the TNT Street Bar so im sure the Aerox Cylinders will fit, and the Pipe should fit (Cylinders come with the Banjo Bolts) if someone can let me know whether the Aerox will work... I can get them...

16. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

if you measure your bars you will find they are 22mm diameter. Most any scooter cylinders will fit it. But as you have already found, getting ones without mirror holes is difficult.

17. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    The Aerox ones i've seen dont have them which is good, guys selling them for £20 each (used) but asking if he'll accept £30 for them both, hopefully they work! just waiting for a reply from him and if he's sticking to the £20 each i'll just have to pay that as I obv need the rear Cylinder asap!! plus again with the Aerox ones they have nice Levers available and Cylinder Caps :) (that'll come after I get the actual brake to work!)

18. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Good luck

19. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    £46.50 for the 2, abit more than I wanted to spend what with them being used but need them so ah well, just hoping they work!

20. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

So I take it he wouldn't budge on price then, miserable git;)
    Never mind, get fittin' when they arrive and let us know how you get on