Advice Required

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by MaximusHeisenberg, Jul 14, 2015.

1. MaximusHeisenberg

MaximusHeisenberg Member

Any suggestions.

Bought another Piaggio Skipper needs an MOT but should just require a back tyre.

Put a lock on the back wheel and I started the bike up the wheel spun now the lock and wheel is stuck and I cannot do anything with it?

2. MaximusHeisenberg

MaximusHeisenberg Member

3. MaximusHeisenberg

MaximusHeisenberg Member

I can't turn the key so I can't get the lock off. Also, I can't move it off the main stand as the bike won't move at all, won't even move backwards at all and can't even get the wheel to go the other way.

4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    ANGLE - GRINDER.;).

5. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

If the wheel is in the air, can you put a piece of wood or piping against the lock and hammer it back the way it came from? I did the same thing with a chain lock, wrapped up good and tight, brute force and crowbars released it in the end.

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Lump hammer and a narrow (ish) cold chisel.
    Kiss goodbye to the lock

7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Suggestions.?.
    Chain around the wheel an hook it up to a car....
    can't turn the key??- is that cause of the fob?,how about cutting it down in size,molegrips.?.,or is pressure of it being jammed.preventing the latch release.,oh an if you get another wheel.prob.solved,as it won't matter what means you use to get it off.;).

8. Danby2016

Danby2016 Zip 70cc running 3.5g malossi stage 6 rollers

Rides:
    Zip 70cc
    Need a bit advice my shed got broken into and my bike got kicked over and since then it wont start i can get it too start but soon as i hit a bump it will cut out and wont start back up anybody no the problem its a 2001 piaggio 2 stroke

9. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Sounds like a broken or loose connection somewhere in the starting circuit if it stops after hitting a bump.

10. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

You say that as soon as you hit a bump it vuts out and wont restart? Was this one bump and you cant get it started or does it do it regularly and eventually start?
    Either way i agree with it sounding electrical. Check battery connections then check for spark on plug, if no spark then look at ht connection, coil spades etc etc. Something has come loose

11. Danby2016

Rides:
    Zip 70cc
    Its has no spark i bought a new cdi unit and still no spark could it be the magneto

12. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    I'd start with your plug/cap/lead 1st,case something dislodged,then work from there ;).

13. Danby2016

Rides:
    Zip 70cc
    But if i move the wires about a bit that go to the magneto it starts straight back up

14. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Then you have a problem with the wires going to/from the stator obviously. This is the part, combined with the pick-up, that tells the cdi to make a spark at the plug.

15. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    thread hijacking in progress

16. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
  17. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Correct.
    By Danby2016

18. Danby2016

Rides:
    Zip 70cc
    It is only getting spark now and again it wven cuts out soon as i push it off its stand