Advice on Aerox 100 tuning

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Harl3m, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Harl3m

Harl3m New Member

Hi im in need of some advice on making this beaut hit atleast 110kmh.
    My current mods are:

Nakaru 124cc big bore
    Crappy PZ19JF 19mm carb
    87 main jet
    Race 6 petal fibre reed cage
    Deremelled lip inside stock intake manifold for smoother flow
    Removed airbox snorkle
    Blue clutch & contraspring
    Modified original variator (extended the ramps)
    7g rollers
    Stock exhaust

The scooter has great exelleration but only hits 92kmh flatout, the torque driver pin guides are extremely worn and it takes too long to change into high gear & i also think its changing too early because of the worn guides. Getting new one soon

Parts buying soon:

Looking at getting a power pipe but not sure what would suit my setup best i have been looking at getting a tecnigas next R or the RS, maybe a Giannelli Sprint? Dunno what would suit my cylinder best. ebay seller couldnt give me port timing details.

Malossi multivar 2000

Polini rubber intake manifold

Buying a bigger carb today will this work on my 2 stroke?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282210477307

Link to cylinder:
    https://www.ebay.com.au/p/naraku-cylinder-kit-124cc-for-yamaha-bws-aerox/894107372

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    if money allows :

cylinder wise leave the Naraku and find a polini - malossi sport cylinder the money your saving on that naraku is pointless , you better off spending the extra and fitting a very good decent branded jug and head kit.
    the 24mm carb would work 21-24mm around there should be fine, you may need to tinker with main jetting still.

Polini HS or multivar 2000 , couple that with the new rear pulley plate and a new kevlar belt , the polly-multi have agressive ramping and are a little lighter than a stock variator with modded ramps ;) its gonna be a darn sight more better and lees mass to throw around being lighter so the rpm peaks are more sweeter. you could come up a gram or so in weight on the rollers if your not bothered so much on low end grunt that will help top end speed a little bit a gram or so lets say 8g roller and at very max 9g

stock exhaust is the hold back its restrictive but not by much, you want a larger bore manifold tube leading to a nice expansion chamber thats gonna give you a decent backpressure so the unburnt fuel drawn out on the exhaust stroke is going to be purged back into teh cylinder by the backpressure wave.

oh and last but not least Welcome to the scooter shack harl3m

3. Harl3m

Harl3m New Member

the naraku is already installed & has been for a month or so now. i spent around $170 AUD on it im not willing to buy yet another cylinder, will definitely get the malossi multivar, exhaust & Gear up kit cheers! Will post results

Another question will i have to remove the electric starter to fit the multi or polini?

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Nope harlem no need to remove electric starter.

there will be a bendix gear seperate in the variator front case, you just need to zip the variator bolt off with an impact gun, remove the front fixed pulley half, behind that you will find the belt so you will need to zip off the rear clutch bell and slide the clutch bell off, and the clutch and rear pulley set. when that comes off the belt will be free. now you slide the variator off the crank shaft making sure you keep any shims/washers that come with it.

so to re-fit first off, we slip the new variator onto the crank shaft making sure we fit the roller weights into it first, we now pull the belt into the rear pulley a bit so when we slide all that back on we have a litle slack so it slips over the crank shaft, so we slip the clutch and rear pully back on, the clutch bell and zip the clutch bell nut back on with impact gun ........ next we make sure the belt is over the crank shaft, we add the thin shim washer ( if there was one) onto the crank shaft spline and we then slip on the fixed pulley half ( it has a splined inner that matches the splines on the crank shaft) after that we fit the washer and likes that came off when we removed it. then we zip the variator nut on.

once everything is buttoned up on the inside, we slip on the variator cover and button that up with its bolts, jobs done, give the scooter a start up check all is fine with starter, cut motor and kickstart scooter making sure kickstarter is not jamming up or jammed. if all works its a road test, take it out onto road but not a busy one find a side street somewhere quiet of traffic, have a couple slow runs then wind in a bit of power see how it feels . park it up on the yard admire your wrenching work , go grab your gear and gear up then go take it for a propper test ride ....... as always ride with all your gear, boots -gloves - helmet , take your phone incase you break down and wallet incase you run outta gas. if alls done well you should be back on the road and would know the new variator is working its going to feel a little different at first.

5. Harl3m

Harl3m New Member

Yeah i know how to do all that stuff mate ive done it 1000 times by now , thank you for the informational booklet though.

6. Harl3m

Harl3m New Member

7. Klae

Klae New Member

Lmao 24mm carb? You can shove a 32mm in there