Acceleration and a gear up kit???

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by bikerbeynard, Aug 1, 2014.

1. bikerbeynard

bikerbeynard Luke

Rides:
    gpr 125 ,mbk rocket,
    Hi,recently ive had ped setup bye a garage so it runs correct on the throttle and clutch but i dont have great accelration,got polini 70's and zx pipe plus all the extras(minarelli vertical engine) including gear up kit,for my mbk rocket and was wondering if this would be causing the slow acceleration.Its just a while back when bike was running good i was able to get the front end up quite easily using throttle and a little lift.then i fitted gear up kit ,pm tuning clutch with the tightest clutch springs and 17.5mm carb and couldnt get it running smooth.Like i said nowit runs smooth but just lacks that low down pucnh.Could it be the gear up kit or the new clutch or both???Any help would be great

2. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    What gear up do you have? link us the the item you got. depend in the ratio there is a very good change is the gear. but could also be rollers not letting it hit the power band, or clutch kicking to early or late and not hitting the power band, or carb set a little rich so your losing the power on the get go.

3. bikerbeynard

bikerbeynard Luke

Rides:
    gpr 125 ,mbk rocket,
    i bought the gear up kit from do not link.com and it was +%40,but they don't have that product anymore so cant link it.sorry dude but im gunna put the old gears in and see if theres difference bottom end

4. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    40% is way too much for a sports

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem when i put the gear-up in the zip, lost all the punch in the initial take-off. Sorted it with slightly lighter rollers and stiffer clutch springs.