AC engine questions

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by spectroplasm, Dec 17, 2007.

1. spectroplasm

spectroplasm Member

Rides:
    pug309 GTI / PGO bmx
    Ok, my second post ever :)

i am wondering what is the fastest possible speed you can obtain out of an AC cylinder kit?, i'm asking this since i can't seem to find an LC kit for my PGO as the engine is very weird (looks like a crossbreed of a minareli with Yamaha & honda parts). the barrels are yamaha and so is the variator but the crankshaft is neither :( the clutch is the same as a Honda.

does anyone else have a PGO bigmax around the forum?, the AC kits are pretty good i think but rpm wise and endurance i dunno since LC kits are best for these things, but my koso 70cc kit is pretty stable (i havent' modified any part of it yet as i'm waiting to see the best solution on kitting it), the crankshaft of the PGO is pretty tough. i had mine modified at a shop already using heavy duty rods and bearings.

2. foster

foster New Member

i can get 54 mph on my piaggio 50cc AC. downhill though

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    not sure on parts for your indevidual bike but ac barrels can make the same power as wc.. the difference is heat.. with an ac you get localised heat build up so the barrel gets wider and tighter spots.. you need a smaller piston to combat this where as with a wc the heat is spread across the entire barrel better ;)

4. spectroplasm

spectroplasm Member

Rides:
    pug309 GTI / PGO bmx
    ah thank you very much for the info MiNoR cOnFuSiOn :), no wonder why the Polini pistons and really small and the rings so wide. Anyhow i'm wonderinf if any of the mates here have a Hebo Racing No.502 clutch, i can't seem to tune her right for my scoot. and for some odd reason i seem to have lost that "pull" feeling from when i first got it, i reckon my red spring is a bit twisted since i don't have those spring base bearings on my clutch. I heard a progressive setup is super wicked for quick sprints but really nasty on the gears. i'm looking for a setup that lets me take advantage of my Dr. pulley weights from my variator. since it's a no fade version so the rpm will climb as high as the pipe and engine will let it.

I have a speed lag at around 45khm~50kmh then after it climbs fairly quick to 68~70khm then it seems to struggle to reach higher speed i can feel a slight lag in the acceleration, although my engine is screaming smoothly.