About to begin conversion of a Gilera runner st 200 to an st 300 monster

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Richie P, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Richie P

Richie P Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner 200 st
    I have not heard or read about anyone installing such parts into a Gilera st 200 so potentially I am hoping to own the fastest,most powerful runner around. Was originally going to buy the GP 800 but it is too much for me at the moment. All the parts listed are engine parts and will be looking into suspension, tires and brakes after the work is done.

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/de/products/rennzylinder+kit+kubler+racing+_kbr10002j
    (Kubler 282 Cylinder Kit)
    http://www.sip-scootershop.com/de/products/vergaserkit+malossi+mhr+phf+34_m1612265
    Malossi Carburator Kit)
    http://www.sip-scootershop.com/de/products/variator+malossi+multivar+2000+_m5111885
    (Malossi Multivar)
    http://www.sip-scootershop.com/de/products/keilriemen+malossi+xkev+fur_m6112854
    (Kevlar belt)
    http://www.sip-scootershop.com/de/products/kupplung+malossi+maxi+delta_m5211821
    (maxi delta racing clutch)
    http://www.sip-scootershop.com/de/products/riemenscheibe+piaggio+_pi845607
    (125cc Pulley)
    http://www.sip-scootershop.com/de/products/automatische_kbr10003
    (auto decompression unit)

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/de/products/zundkerze+ngk+cr8ekb+_cr8ekb
    Spark Plug)

I suppose if your gonna go big, go the BIGGEST :D

Fielding87 likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Good luck mate!,
    Sounds a interesting project to look forward to seeing. :) .

3. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    I'm sure there is a foreign guy that has done a 500cc runner

4. zip172mhr

zip172mhr Member

Rides:
    piaggio zip 183cc 2t
    bet that lot costs a pretty penny or 2 lol gna be a monster tho will be watchin this

5. TyphJosh

TyphJosh Piaggio Typhoon 08 Plate (old Shape)

Rides:
    Piaggio typhoon
    Deffo gotta see that

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

If you want true power you should check out either coated pistons, or motocross pistons, does the cylinder kit come with a head?

7. Richie P

Richie P Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner 200 st
    I am not too sure. I think the head comes with the carb kit? Sorry, I am not mechanically minded to say the least! I just put up a topic requesting any help, or advice on the huge upgrade any anyone kind enough to suggest parts (other than listed) of things I need. Have you clicked into the links? There should be an option to translate into english if you are using chrome or I assume with any browzer? The items listed have been given to me by SIP scooters which is where I am ordering the parts from.

I am just worried I may miss a part to ensure the proper working of the components when put together

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Doesnt look like it comes with the kit, i will have a look later on the pc, but looks like your missing head and gasket set

9. Richie P

Richie P Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner 200 st
    Silly that. Cylinder kit not including the head. I think the parts I have are 90% of what I need but missing the head and gasket is crucial. Thank you very much. I have emailed sip again explaining if I am buying nearly 2k worth of parts then they best at LEAST inform me of the full set of parts needed. Again, cheers!

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Maybe you use the standard head, you would greatly benefit from getting it ported and flowed, also worth doing some research into the ignition system, maybe there is a rev limiter

11. Richie P

Richie P Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner 200 st
    I am getting the work done through a company who pride themselves on modifications. They also have a dyno for testing. They will have plenty of experience with this sort of work and will tune it to its best performance.

12. Richie P

Richie P Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner 200 st
    Looking at a malossi V4 head and malossi piston rings (head gasket as well) but it only mentions to use with the malossi 209 cc cylinder kit. Buying the parts mentioned push my bill up to nearly 2.2k which is more than the bike is worth.. Ugh, the list is becoming endless. I think with the amount of performance parts I am buying that it may be unsafe and too over powered to drive...

Maybe im in way over my head. I mean to you guys it probably sounds like the potential to be a beast of a machine but practially it may be too fast and a danger to drive.

Even buying a full malossi kit that includes everything (209cc kit) and incorporating racing clutch, transmission, variator etc will give it enough umph.

Lemme know what u think? Too much work and messing about and too expensive?

13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Nothing is too fast to me... Tuning is expensive, racing is expensive, if you dont spend the money you wont get the results, it could be cheaper to port and flow the standard head, get a high lift cam, and a better crank and piston, then use all those tuneup trans parts, I think you could get 40 odd hp easy out a flowed 200 motor, but it will cost a bit

14. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Are you going to be racing it or will it be a street bike?

15. Richie P

Richie P Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner 200 st
    I am keeping it a street bike. I was looking at getting a 500cc nexus but after driving it I was unsure. I love driving the runner and was looking to get more out of it. I mean if my bill for the up is sky rocketing up to 2.5k then installation costs, my plan is truely going up in smoke. Will look into your suggestions. Even a full 209 malossi kit is a not worth it as it is a minor improvement? Other than that I think this whole plan is way over my head and the money that it is now becoming is a rediculous investment. No doubt it it was to go ahead with the huge mods, it would be rediculously fast! Ah well, will have to re think the whole bloody thing now :(

16. Richie P

Richie P Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner 200 st
  17. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    "it may be too fast and a danger to drive".

It will only go as fast as you want it to go! a Bugatti Veyron doe's about 240mph but still can be driven at 30mph.

scubabiker likes this.
  18. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

what marsh said, i have a vf750 and quite regularly ride it in 30kmh , the bike will do 100kmh in forst gear, it doesnt mean that i do that all the time!

19. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    the only thing making it dangerous at speed would be you.
    yes you should technically upgrade your brakes if your not already.
    but if you cant handle a bike that goes that fast then you shouldn't ride one. that simple.
    my 50cc will do 60mph given enough space, doesn't make it dangerous, its the rider that makes it dangerous.
    want to go faster? get a bigger bike. cant handle the power don't bother.

20. Richie P

Richie P Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner 200 st
    Yeah, sorry, that was a silly statement. The modifications were going into serious money and rediculous frankly. I am going to start small and work upwards.