85 Honda vision exhaust?

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by umperdunk, Aug 18, 2014.

1. umperdunk

umperdunk New Member

Rides:
    honda vision met-in
    Hi I've got an old Honda vision with the af05e engine. Just wondering what exhausts will fit or if one for another bike bolts on?

2. umperdunk

umperdunk New Member

Rides:
    honda vision met-in
    As nobody seems to know I just went out and bought myself an exhaust for a Peugeot scooter and im going to see what I can do to mod it. I will put some pics up when its done.

3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Hi,have an '86' version/self,expansions are'nt built for these,sadly...though there are some aftermarket pattern originals,careful with your jetting.;).,
    mine was bog,on an original exhaust (sleeved restrictor practically all the way through.:( ). ,
    only mildly upjetted were'nt too sure on rollers and spring(disintegrated,when dismantled for storage) -
    can't wait to get her back on the road one day,went like s..t off a shovel,at 117lbs,scared the living jesus outta much bigger bikes in London traffic,my 1st otr 50(-30 years late.!).:).

4. umperdunk

umperdunk New Member

Rides:
    honda vision met-in
  5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    NB 50 M Vision X.nice,mine's a standard red NE model.:).,sadly deleted all my photos,clearing my phone memory,be a post on it up somewhere,mind.;).

6. fattaffracingco

fattaffracingco New Member

hi umperdunk, that looks great ! was it much hassle ? wot model pug was it for ? and any performance increase ?
    it looks like it was made for it

7. umperdunk

umperdunk New Member

Rides:
    honda vision met-in
    Its for a speedfight. It didn't take much work just a few cuts and welds. I'm not sure about performance because I changed to a BBK, new belt, and malossi variator. It now goes right off the speedo I will have to get the gps out to see how fast.

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    How'd you work out on the jetting.?.

9. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    mmm.does look nice.if I ever get mine back Ile have to give one of them a go.what bbk did you put on it?.ive gota spare lump im hoping to do a tune up with(eventualy)thinking bout a ruckus over range variator and a few case mods,carb,clutch upgrade too.

10. fattaffracingco

wot make bbk did u fit ? cheapy or quality ? sorry for all the questions but I've just bought one for our lad and doing some ground work b4 I dive in and pull it apart, and trying to guess/fix a budget also ??? lol

11. umperdunk

umperdunk New Member

Rides:
    honda vision met-in
    I just used the jet that came with the malossi kit for now. I'm thinking about getting a new carb so I'm not going to waste my time for now.

12. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    sounds like you might benefit from a 17.5 carb on that,now you've done a bbk and pipe change.malossi variator and I think your be flying along.

13. fattaffracingco

im guessing on my limited knowledge then that malossi bb kit is the one to go for ? the cheapy kits on 'the bay' r Chinese r they ?

14. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    ive got a vision with the same lump..been scouring internet for reliable performance parts for some while and I ain't come across any thing that's well built or reiable for it exept the malossi barrel and Dr barrel. Carbs and reeds if you've got the 2 bolt casing fittings is a bit restricted too...best stay away from any polish,Chinese ebay buys.variators and clutches..mallossi and Doppler is well documented as good .exhaust pipes are a bugger but looks like a few have had good results with Peugeot speed fight ones after a cut and re-weld...if your thinking that far ahead.

15. fattaffracingco

mallossi it is then, Chinese stuff and the prices were a bit dubious to say the least ,u get wot u pay for I guess

16. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Peugeot ST 50 Rapido uses the same engine as the vision..afo5e..found an expansion pipe for one on fleabay.French supplier if I remember right.worked out as just about under £100 with the postage.

17. fattaffracingco

sorry for slow reply I've been busy with my own car(lower suspension arms) and work also on top !!!
    I've since bought a tatty yasuni power exhaust via ebay(£15 !!!) for a speedfight which im going to adapt- read make fit, it looks similar but not had chance to offer it up yet
    will let u lot know how I get on ,ta chris

18. fattaffracingco

is the afo5e in the vision met -in that ive got ??? ive been told by local bike shop to be very careful about ordering bits for mine cos there were a lot of variations on models in late eighties ??? thanks chris

19. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    the parts for afo5e lumps are a bit confusing.some parts fit from other hondas and some will after a bit of modding.SIP do alot of stuff for them but it ain't what we would call "HI PERFORMANCE"malossi sport barrel variator and gear up.
    the two bolt manifold can be changed with an adapter so you can use a 4 bolt manifold for better reed/carb set up but considering how little power increase it will give..
    is it worth it(massive carb)
    the 2 bolt manifold can be modified to give a good flow and theres fat carb adapters to allow good carbs to be fitted .depends what you want to do.going crazy on a longer stroke crank IS possible and the cases could be built up so other bigger performance barrels fit.then the expansion pipe issues are sorted.at the end of the day it comes down to how much you wanna spend to get a little old engine to beat the shit out of a more modern bike and how much money you got/want to spend...ive been looking into it for about a year and it ain't cheap...but it is possible.spree.net have got a few good ideas for them and aero riders too have some afo5e owners that have done alot of mods.if yo get any good sources of parts...PM me...i need help too..

20. fattaffracingco

ok I have welded up the speedfight exhaust, I had to remove pug flange as it wasn't anything close and welded on old Honda flange which was a pain as it spitted a nd spat due to oil contamination,and I could have cut n welded the rest with just 2 cuts and 2 welds but I got a bit pedantic and decided to remove 25mm out of the downpipe sweep to tuck the exhaust in alittle tighter to engine to give a little more ground clearance,i have to say the tatty yasuni exhaust was a nice thick gauge and the rest welded up real nice even with my self taught crappy welding, I will put a pic up when I get chance n work out how,prob before and after I tidy up welds with paint.
    pipe sounds nice,locals gonna hear the lad coming- loud pipes save lives eh ??? lol
    next up im gonna look into roller weights- anybody out there can give me a little' heads up' on this subject ??