70's Help.

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Bradley Nixon, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Bradley Nixon

Bradley Nixon NRG DT Power 50! For now..

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DT
    If I just put a Malossi Sport 70cc Kit on my NRG would i need to change my rollers or anything?

2. topbud221

topbud221 Member

Rides:
    piaggio nrg extreme
    start it up and find out prob do need stiffer clutch springs n lighter rollers but no one on here can tell u the exact setup its all trial n error unless u get it on a dyno

3. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

ive just fitted one today with my zx pipe upjetted to a 72 main jet and dropped the rollers to 5.5gram

4. Bradley Nixon

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DT
    I have a ZX Pipe, and my main jet is a 72 WITHOUT THE 70's I KNOW. WAY TOO BIG. & I will probably have my rollers about 4.4

5. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

what air filter are you using the stock air box ? or open filter ? you only need a stock air box the open filter will just drink fuel. a 72 main jet on a 50 with a zx and air box is WAY to big you only need a 60-62.
    With the 70 fitted a 70-72 is about right but if its a new kit your best of running it a bit rich for the first few hundred miles to avoid a seize. and like i say ive put 5.5 in mine ytou might find 4.5 a bit light your best getting it on a dyno to get it set up perfect

6. Bradley Nixon

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DT
    in fact, im going to order a box of jets now

7. Duggiedan

Duggiedan Piaggio zip 50cc

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    Brad you prob need 4.7gram rollers will work best with 70s

8. Bradley Nixon

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DT
    sweet man, back on the road this weekend hopefully so ill be donw cleck soon

9. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    ull have all 70s n shit on by weeekend? :O

10. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

Just a thought bud but did you read through the info that came with your kit ?
    If you did please say you washed your new kit really really really good with clean fresh petrol i mean all of it and poured petrol in all the ports i just washed a brand new one that looked really clean out the box but once it was washed you should have seen the crap in the bowl all tiny bits of metal like sand trust me you dont want that in you nice new 7u0 kit ripping it apart

11. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    iv never washed a kit all the cylinders should be unopened in a sealed box

12. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

yeh every kit ive ever bought weather it be a big bore kit or a stock part for a ped or bike has always been in a sealed box and every one i have washed with petrol trust me a brand new kit is far from clean they look clean and feel clean but you wash one in petrol and see how much crap comes of them.
    If you wasnt supposed to wash them with petrol why does it say that in in the paper work for most kits you buy to wash them in petrol thoughly before use

13. roxy boy

Rides:
    roxi
    dont read the manual haha ...jus bolt it on and go

14. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

the metal dust that is left over from manufacture is so fine like grains of small sand it will work like a cutting/seating compound and cause damage to not just the bore but the crank aswell once it gets into the moving parts it will just rub away its probably why most peaple who fit 70 kits not long later are on here saying my crank bearings are fucked

15. roxy boy

Rides:
    roxi
    never had any bearings go and never had a kit blow up on me that had owt to do with dust ....and dnt no any tht says there bearing have gone after fitting a 70 kit

16. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

when i say dust i mean metal fragments. To be honest i think your just trying to make out i dont know anything

17. roxy boy

Rides:
    roxi
    Well Iv never heard of any 1s bearing breaking due to metal fragments

Think what you want not guna lose no sleep over it

18. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

ok but next time you get a new kit wash it in clean petrol and see how much shit comes of it

19. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    i know what phils trying to say as when the kits come from manufacturers theyre will be swarth little metal cuttings off the machines n with a chance they may ruin the barrel ect. slim chance tho

20. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

i wish id made a vid of the one i fitted yesturday when i washed it brand new out the box and put in a tub then washed 3 times with clean petrol you would have been shocked at the crap left in the bottom