70cc recommendation

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by CGC, Mar 13, 2018.

1. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    I am going to be installing a 70cc kit on my piaggio in the summer. would anyone like to post their recommendation based on their own experience, and with which engine.
    I will not be going outside the sport range limit as I use the scooter daily, and have the option of a larger carburettor though using the 17.5 dellorto PHVA at the moment. which will be the carburettor I will use to begin with.

and has anyone had crank issues since installing the larger bore.

2. 4strokelover

4strokelover Active Member

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Polini sport.

CGC likes this.
  3. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    thanks for the info, would be nice to get one, I like the cast iron barrel idea for longevity, I have the air cooled 2 stroke. might be a bit over budget for me though.

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Athena or Malossi, PM do a good one bit pricy though

5. Northernerbill

Northernerbill Member

I’ve got a 56 Vespa LX50 which I’ve just fitted a Motoforce Sport 70cc head on.

I’ve been tuning my Scoot based on the advice from Ricky at Pedparts so about as good advice as you can get.

It doesn’t have the stunning exterior finish of day the Malossi but it’s a good unit, and at about £70 good value too.

It’s a low revving head so shouldn’t put too much strain on the rest of your engine with stock parts, though might as well change the small end bearing as it’s in your hand when doing the piston.

I’m not a boy racer, and use mine mostly for commutes and having just finished running it in it’s brilliant. More grunt in every aspect, I’ve also upgraded my exhaust, variator, clutch springs, stock dellorto carb with a 71 main jet.

This is the one I bought

http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/2005/motoforce-sport-70cc-cylinder-kit--piaggio-air-cooled

6. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    the motoforce kit is the one I had at the back of my mind. I liked that you get the head with it as well. its easy to find lots of reviews on malossi, pollini, and stage6, but not anything else. I just want some extra power for a few hills which I travel most weeks. I already put a new piston kit in, as the machine had been off the road for a few years and is 15 years old. so for now its silent blocks and bearings and anything else that I might discover until summer. I'm keeping the stock cdi, as its limited to 10500-11000 rpm, which I assume is the redline limit. I also just upgraded the exhaust as the cheap one I got didn't last very long.

Northernerbill likes this.
  7. Northernerbill

Northernerbill Member

To be honest hills where my reason too lol. Before fitting the 70cc kit I went with a Polini variator, then Malossi exhaust, bigger jet, clutch springs which all improved it on the flat but up my local steep hills which are 40mph it could never get above 35-37mph.
    It now cruises up at 40mph with plenty in reserve.
    I’m not looking for massive top speeds or anything like that, just don’t want to be the one with a que of cars behind me.
    Anyway now it’s totally sorted, run in and purring along.
    It could probably be tuned a bit better no doubt by a pro with mixture etc but am very happy where it’s at now.

Good luck

CGC likes this.