70cc kit where to start with rejet

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by White05, Sep 14, 2019.

1. White05

White05 New Member

Hi people my oil pump failed and the piston seized blowing a nice hole through the top of the piston so I have decided to put a 70cc kit on it but wanted to know the best way to find out the right size main jet it has a dollereto 17.5mm carb with a 60 main jet for the 50cc piston.
    There for do I divide 50 by 60 gives me 1.2 then times that by 70 gives me 84. Does an 84 main jet sound right for a 70 kit for a base line then fine tune from there

Suzukistreetmagic1 likes this.
  2. apriliars250

apriliars250 Member

jet rich work your way down with plenty of plug chops

MARSH likes this.
  3. White05

White05 New Member

I'm going to play safe and run with a 90 main for the break in and re jet after. I'm getting so many conflicting story's on the best way to break the new ring in some say build dry some say build with lube then do a 4 cycle heat up and cool down process and others say run it for 200 miles at no more then 1/4 throttle doing a plug chop every 50 mile

4. Suzukistreetmagic1

Suzukistreetmagic1 Member

Have you run it in yet mate look forward to a reply what’s your take off like

5. White05

White05 New Member

The take off is pretty goo I haven't run it to hard yet but it's a massive improvement over the 50cc top speed is about 56mph thinking of putting the gear up kit on it it has plenty or torque. I'm still working on the jetting with plug chops but I think I'm pretty much there now

6. Suzukistreetmagic1

What jet you running I’m having Thermostat problems my front radiator is cold I bled the system and big hair bubbles but again just now the radiator it’s freezing cold so I’m not going to push riding it I think the thermostat is shot

7. White05

White05 New Member

It's a 17.5mm dollereto 36 idle jet and 70 main with standard filter and air box.

8. Suzukistreetmagic1

Are nice to know and your butterfly slip is that in the centre mines started over heating but I think it’s down to the Thermostat Getting stuck you got the streetrace stage6 is your in my rad is cold I’m sure it’s meant to be hot top and bottom did you bleed yours thanks for the reply btw

9. White05

White05 New Member

It's on slot 2 from the top on the needle jet. It's the airsal t6 racing kit signal ring alloy head. It took ages to set up I started with a 96 jet it was only ridable from a 74 jet it would just over fuel and soak the plug with anything bigger. Have you checked your crank seals it sounds like you running lean or the rad cores are blocked

10. Suzukistreetmagic1

I see that’s what you got I was going to get a single ring but not ideal for long long rides full throttle
    Yes mate I’ve bleed the styatem properly and the rad got hot after like a hour of trying I defo think the thermostat is sticking coursing air lock
    The crank seals look to me ok as there no water leaks at all

11. Suzukistreetmagic1

Also on the 17.5 carb I notice the niddle just sits over the plastic hole and the cable spring attach to it but the needle you can actually push it with your finger up I swear that ain’t right
    I fort it should a clip holding it down or my going mad

12. White05

White05 New Member

That's how mine is it just drops in the hole with the clip stopping it falling through it's held in place under it's own weight. Have up put the stat in boiling water to check it opens then put it in ice clod water to see if it closes fully

13. Suzukistreetmagic1

Omfg something just said to me to go check my seals I’m livid brand new water pump as soo as I pulled the casing off look what I’ve found how the elk did it do this

Attached Files:

14. Suzukistreetmagic1

Snapped this is why it’s over heating it’s not even two weeks old

15. Suzukistreetmagic1

16. White05

White05 New Member

Cheap plastic or the pin wasn't located properly when the pump was bolted on. Try and get your money back you never know they might send you a new one

17. Suzukistreetmagic1

Yes mate that’s what I’m going to do I’m good friends with Ricky at Ped parts I think it’s down to
    The circle clip I didn’t have the correct tool and it wasn’t clip on propoetly thank good I have a spare and correct tools I only buy this the other day lol well I got the old pump wheel and clip you can see I’m going to have butches now 100% must be this and I spent £1o this morning on a Thermostat I also inbox you mate

Attached Files:

18. White05

White05 New Member

It's an easy fix just use the old drive plate and locate them on the least worn dowel holes. At least you can test it and get back on the road

19. Suzukistreetmagic1

Yes mate I’ve done exactly that it’s nice that I found the problem
    Snapped because I’ve rebuilt mine and it’s so quick but only half of throttle as I’m
    Wearing it in photo below and this time I made sure it was under the groves thank you btw I do like reply and together we work as team hate them threads unfinished if you know what I mean I knew something won’t right I’m lucky tbf it’s only because you said go and check the seals that I already did because when I work on mine I just pull the engine off it’s easy for me because I have a jack up kit don’t you have any photos of yours mate

Attached Files:

20. White05

White05 New Member

Pleased you got it sorted. I didn't take any pictures of the rebuild I wish i had now. I always pull the engine out it's so easy to work on

Attached Files: