600 Miles

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Joe2020, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Joe2020

Joe2020 New Member

So in 4 days since Saturday I took a picture of my millage to see how many miles it would take to get to my mates house to get an estimate on how much it costs for fuel, you can see here this is how many miles I had on the first one what was 94484 then I forget to do this so I thought it cost me £2 to fill up the tank I'll how many miles i did in that time because I filled up just as I took the first picture then this is what I took last night (wednesday) and this is how many it said 95071, Now obviously I couldn't have done 587 miles in 4 days nor with only using £2 worth of fuel so my friend owned the bike before and he never mentioned anything like this, obviously when I goto sell this, this wont help as it will literally have 99999 miles on the millage when I goto sell it what can I do?

Attached Files:

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Replace speedo.?.

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Errrrr................you might want to go back to school and re-sit your maths exams:oops:, but it's a simple mistake, lots of people do it.
    Your speedo reads in KM not miles. If you look at the speedo, the outside of the dial has KM/H and the inside has MPH. This is the tell-tale sign that your clocks read in the foreign way, not the english way.
    Your first photo mileage says 19448
    Your second photo mileage says 19507
    That equals 59 KILOMETERS, or 36 1/2 miles.

The mistake(s) you are making is taking into account the last digit on the reading, which is tenths (1/10th), you always disregard this reel on any speedo with a tenths reel, plus your speedo clocks the distance in KM's amd not Miles.

Going by your photos, your bike has done 12084 miles at the start and 12121 at the end which equals roughly 36 1/2 miles

And a Kymco with nearly a hundred thousand miles on it............................now that would be something to see:D

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.