54ml or 55ml...?

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Rizla Rhys, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Rizla Rhys

Rizla Rhys New Member

i want to settle a debate i hav bin having with somone.. obviousely as you no i hav the 55ml crank in my gilly...wich i really do rate..but i am being told by a few people that the 54 ml is the way to go...i cant say yes or no because iv never ridden one but i no obviously the bigger stroke crank the less revy it gets but i need sumone to settle my argument lol

*cough* terro/minor *cough*

2. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    not entirelt sure on a 2 stroke but on a 4 stroke, the longer the stroke the steeper the power curve and narrower the powerband, on a short stroke the power curve is flatter and produces more power all across the rev range (wider powerband) i assume this principle would be the same on a 2 stroke?

3. Rizla Rhys

Rizla Rhys New Member

exactly hence the reason im asking coz i doont thik the rules are the same...dont get me wrong i mite be totally incorrect but as everyone knows 2strokes are funny little things so i cant be sure lol all i no is that the bigger /longer stroke on the 2 stroke crank causes it to rev less were if you for example hav a 52 ml mallossi it will rev higher and reach the revs quicker i beleive...?!?!?!? :confused:arc: i think lmao

4. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Wait till next week and you will be able to read the bit about stroker cranks in the new 1,000 odd word 125 2stroke tuning guide. :cool:

5. Rizla Rhys

Rizla Rhys New Member

well well terro and the crew hav bin busy boiz int ya...lol

looking forward to reading it.. :punk:

6. abz

abz Member

i got 55ml aswell so guide should be usefull as loads of rumours about 54ml and 55ml differences

7. Rizla Rhys

Rizla Rhys New Member

apparently psn are all for the 54ml.... :confused:arc:

8. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    personally i will stick to either the stock stroke or the 54mm for the revs (its actually a slower piston speed per revolution therefore less piston wear and less stress on the little and big end.).

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    verry true, yet with a longer stroke your equaling the difference the 172 makes from stock.. think of the piston to stroke ratio of std against the 172..

that aside the 55 allows for much larger ports without sacrificing any spread of power.. there also verry good for uphill or heavy rider/long gearing. its swings and roundabouts with stroke offsets. the 55 does however have more cc so with a corrected port map will throw in more mix wich means a bigger bang.

10. Rizla Rhys

Rizla Rhys New Member

:w00t: :bird: :w00t: sick lol!