49cc high quality Chinese cheap moped

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by icantbreath, Nov 27, 2020.

1. icantbreath

icantbreath New Member

Hi all.

I get a 991 ohms reading off my black/red wire that comes out of the stator. I am absolutely sure I saw 991 on the Multimeter set on ohms. And after testing it many time it now suddenly is 490 ohms. How can this beeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And many manuals say this way too high. Idk exactly how high because I lost the manual for this scooter.

Do I really have to disassemble the entire stator to test this the correct way? Or is it save to assume my stator need replacement?

Thanks.

Icantbreathe

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

It would help if you told us what you are trying to do????? And why?????

icantbreath likes this.
  3. icantbreath

icantbreath New Member

HI Steve,

And I'm trying to find out why my 11 months old not so much used battery is only reading 12.5 volt in the morning but I suspect the carb and or stator.

Listen to this if u like

https://filebin.net/qxrut5bcuz9phaft/20201127_225904_motor_turns_off_1.m4a?t=45yan1yr

U can hear it when it slowly dies at 13.40v.

Ao it's bad valve adjustment u think.

But all problems soon go away after driving it a minute with kickstart.

Thanks

icantbreathe

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Check voltage at battery while reving the engine, it should be around 13.5 volt !

5. icantbreath

icantbreath New Member

No it's more. It's 14.57volt!

Also 14.57 volt when measuring between reqtifier and battery so the reqtifier is working I think. So then I thought maybe it starts with spraying some carb cleaner in the airfilter in the cold morning. If that helps then it's a carb problem / engine problem maintenance.

Thanks

icantbreathe

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  6. icantbreath

icantbreath New Member

Hi it's been a while. Can anyone anyyyyoneeee help me with this problem my 50cc only drives around 25 km with 1,25 liters of gasoline :( I checked everything from leaks to valve adjustment dunno where to start.

One thing I'm sure tho. I have a bad stator. It drains 0.004 amps and ideally it should be 0,000 amp