2v exhaust on a 4v moped?

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Mimile, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Mimile

Mimile New Member

I have a Piaggio fly 50cc 4t 4v 2011 and I would want to change the exhaust because I don’t like the style of the stock one. Unfortunately for 4t 4v moped, there are only few exhaust and I don’t like them either. I was wondering if a 4t 2v exhaust would run well on my scooter or I it will break within like 2 days?

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

I doubt it would break. I can't imagine there would be much difference. I remember when I had an old Golf gti 2v and my brother had the newer 4v I believe the exhausts were identical. I don't drive cars anymore but when I needed an exhaust replacing I can't recall them ever asking if it was for a 2 valve or 4 valve per cylinder engine. Having said that tolerances are probably much tighter on modern engines so it's probably best to stick to the manufacturing guidelines in case something drastic and irreversible occurs. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

3. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

The twosrtoke exhaust is specifically designed two work with 2 stroke engines two give it more power. It probably wouldnt be of no benefit for a fourstroke. I dont have the knowledge to say how a 2t exhaust would affect a four stroke. But my guess its the muffler/silencer that looks like shit on your scoot. And that is replaceable. Just find an cool looking one. As long as the pipe diameter/coupling is the same. Might need some hack to fit it. If it isnt modelspecific

4. milo2025

I don't think Mimile is referring to 2 stroke. Both engines are 4t but one is the 2 valve model and the other the 4 valve one.

5. Tilps666

Tilps666 Member

Rides:
    Derbi Senda
    its going to run just fine if the inner diameter of the pipe is the same, its just a pipe with a muffler on the end so it doesnt have anything to do with valves on such a small 50cc engine.

6. Tilps666

Tilps666 Member

Rides:
    Derbi Senda
    dont confuse the amount of valves with strokes lol

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah. It's not so complex on a 50cc.
    On a 50cc 4t an exhaust does pretty much 2 things.
    Silences the engine sound
    Reduces the gases from the burnt fuel
    To an extent it cools the engine too.

8. milo2025

I didn't, I subsequently responded to someone who did o_O

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  9. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Ok im the bad guy. Sorry

10. milo2025