2stoke leak

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Malaguti AL, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Malaguti AL

Malaguti AL New Member

I have a malagutti f12r phantom and wen i put 2 stroke in, it just leaks straight through the casing underneath the bike i have a video if anyone can help

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Check for split pipe or split tank?

3. Malaguti AL

Malaguti AL New Member

Attached Files:

4. Malaguti AL

Malaguti AL New Member

It is coming from the casing where the water pump is attached to

Attached Files:

5. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Either The oil pump itself is leaking or more likely the rubber pipe that feeds it is split. its not uncommon on those as it contacts the casings in a few places

6. Sam phantom

Just seen stevep’s post!
    We can’t both be wrong lol

Malaguti AL likes this.
  7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

+1 on the split pipe.

Malaguti AL likes this.
  8. Malaguti AL

Malaguti AL New Member

Going to take the water pump off today to get to the leak behind it to check the oil pipes cheers guys

9. Sam phantom

Most likely the one that gos from the oil pump to the carb

scubabiker likes this.
  10. Sam phantom

Any joy with where the leak is coming from ?

11. Malaguti AL

Malaguti AL New Member

It is literally comin from the compartment behind the water pump but underneath and theres a slight gap between the casing almost as if there should be a gasket or some sort of gasket paste there but the water pump 5mm hex heads are threaded so having a bit of trouble gettin into the water pump

12. Sam phantom

That is where the oil pump is located and if you mean the gap on the water pump drive casing it’s not a air tight seal/fit. It just houses the water pump drive wheel the gap is how it should be.. once you have that off and then the fly wheel you’ll get to your leak. You will need a fly wheel puller

Malaguti AL likes this.
  13. Malaguti AL

Malaguti AL New Member

Thanks sam u probably saved me from doing a lot of damage lol im going to get said tools tmz and get into it il try post a pic but it wont let me. Its a fairly old malaguti so please bare with me with the dirtyness of the engine lol needs a good clean

14. Malaguti AL

Malaguti AL New Member

I managed to kick it over within ten mins and after 2 weeks of it standing still. I put a little bit of 2 stoke in and it just leaks straight out of the casing we were talking about i really do hope its just a split pipe. Im also replacing the water pump as it makes a horrible grinding like noise wen the engines warm and doesnt circulate coolant through the engine to cool it down my main problem was overheating.

15. Malaguti AL

Malaguti AL New Member

So my brother replaced the gasket on the head to see if that would help with the overheating as it had paste on and it needed changing and wen i got it home thats when the leak occured. Im thinkin he could of hit the oil pipe in some way in the whole process

16. Sam phantom

Your welcome. Worst case scenario or if you are not able to repair it you could just add the 2troke to the fuel tank. Premix

you’ll need to sort that over heating problem first tho as you said

Malaguti AL likes this.
  17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Hmmm I would be doing a compression test l with all of those faults...

Malaguti AL likes this.
  18. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

It's not a major job or major money to whip the entire engine out and overhaul the lot really.
    And those scoots are becoming somewhat sort after in good condition.
    Would also be hugely beneficial to you as you would have all the usual (and up and coming) age related problems sorted.

When I say overhauled, I mean new crank bearings and seals, all gaskets, barrel hone, new piston/rings/small end bearing, new fuel and oil pipes, new gearbox bearings and gaskets and oil.
    Parts cost wise, I reckon (without looking up costs) around £100. That's doing the job yourself.

And while it's all apart, paint the engine cases and belt case.
    You'd have a brand new looking engine.

Malaguti AL likes this.