28mm carb for runner

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by gazell, Nov 26, 2006.

1. gazell

gazell Active Member

right people i thought i got a bargain about 2 months ago i brought a dellorto 28mm carb for my runner (125sp with 180kit) obviously i was excited and was happy with the cheap price...so i took it to midland scooter centre and he said that the carb was far to big for the runner and that he advises me not to put it on....???

now im sure ive seen specs with 28mm carbs on runners...

so basically what im askin is will the carb fit the bike...or shall i just sell it and get a 25mm

thnx for any help boys

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    put it on there m8, the 25 gives slightly better throttle responce but the 28 will give you more top end if your not on your gear limit.. the 25 is the best match for the inlet but thas not to say you cant use a bigger carb. i know of people with a 36mm on there std reedblock. ive had a 20.5 on a 50 with just a pipe.. not ideal but faster than stock (not all that hard to setup ether)

3. gazell

gazell Active Member

sweet cheers mate...if i put it on is there any chance of my crank snappin...jus askin cos its what i read on pat172's guide

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    you cant just say putting a certian part on your bike will snap the crank, i know of many bikes running std cranks with up to 30mm carbs.. even ported engines with stock cranks running 28's.. theres no rules really, if your crank snaps it was going to anyway and you need a new one.... :)

5. gazell

gazell Active Member

sweet thnx mate...once ive got the bike sprayed up im gonna wack the 28mm on and see how i go....any reccomendations on what jet size to try

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    110 and work down.. probnably a 108 or somthing...

7. gazell

gazell Active Member

cheers matey...i'll get some jets from msc and give it a go

8. gazell

gazell Active Member

cant find a fuckin manifold anywhere...im told the rs125 one wont fit

any advice anyone lol

9. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    i have an oversized manifold. the rubber bit that connects to the engine from the carb i guess.

on my 180 engine it had it on but standard carb so it is far too big for it .

its got polini on the side by the way.

think there quite expensive though

10. gazell

gazell Active Member

fuck it im not gonna bother with it...im jus gonna go for the 25mm carb i think

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ok, so you womnt pay 26 quid for the correct manifold for that carb yet your more than happy to spend 90 quid on a 25mm that STILL wont fit in your manifold? (ive put rs carbs into stock manifolds befor now, just gotta put the rubber in boiling water for 5 mins) or get a polini/malossi inlet and it will slide in place.

12. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    sorry to bring this up again

i have got on order a malossi burger filter to match my bike. anyway i have been offered a 28mm carb

so shall i put it on and what jet shall i use. the only one i have is a 90 jet

will it help with the problems i am having with top speed and acc

or shall i put my 125 gears in and still put the carb on

cheers

13. Starkie

Starkie New Member

got a 28mm for sale if anybody wants it?

14. skatergod

skatergod New Member

gaz i told u midlands are thick bastards!!! had 3 bad experiences with them thick twats!! fuckin hate the wankers!! cant even set up a carb!!!

15. Starkie

Starkie New Member

pmsl ant! oi if u wnt to no owt ask me n ill get old of kyle man

16. LUXY D

LUXY D New Member

what filter u changing from? std? burger breathes NICE! & also i had a 90 jet on mine EVENTUALLY & was the nicest dry brown EVER, but u deffo gotta work way down from say in the 100s coz it saves alot more bigger aggro if u started it to lean! & fuck more bigger fings up!

cant member ur exact specs monty but if its like how mine was then mine was...

172(xtra base gasket)
    25mm(WITH 90 JET)
    burger filter
    malossi reedblock
    polini manifold
    also all on std crank(which was fine)

& rest of the shit i had dont matter to this actual case

but yea as minor said...dont spend on the shit tht aint even gonna sit/be setup right...spend on the bits tht make it run good & sit proply then carry on

17. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    im going to make sure my transmission is setup properly as well

that is 180 varo 12.5 gram rollers and a new belt that i know is correct :w00t:

18. Sleaze Phonikz

Sleaze Phonikz New Member

Im running a 28mm on my 70's!

It needs jetting and setting up, with correct rollers i'll be happy.

Its A beast when it comes to fuel consumption though, it doesn't help that im running far to rich however still a thirsty little f*!ker!