2015 Sinnis Shuttle BN152QMI Upgrades!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Wheelieadi, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Wheelieadi

Wheelieadi New Member

Hi

This is my first post here so thanks in advanced I'm sure I'Lloyd learn quite a bit on here.

So I'very had my Sinnis Shuttle about 3 weeks and although it doesn't feel slow it's just not as nippy as I'd like it to be. I've been looking into upgrades and seen some bits I reckon would make a decent increase in power but just wondering what everyone else thinks.

I've chosen a Lextek 180cc BBC, an eBay Variator kit and an eBay Stubby exhaust.

Has anyone had any experience with the cheap eBay Stubby exhausts? I've watched a few videos and they sound nice but I don't know what they are like performance wise.

What size rollers would be best for the variator? And do I even need to buy a new variator, could I not just replace the rollers in ther original? Im not really looking for an increase in speed as 60mph as it does now is fine, I'd just like a lot more acceleration arounder 20-40mph.

Can anyone recommend a better than original drive belt to help cope with the extra power?

If I got the 180 kit and other bits listed would it be worth upgrading to a bigger carb and bigger jets?

Are there any CDIS and Coils that will actually make a difference in performance?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lextek-180c...-GY6-152QMI-for-Lexmoto-FMX-125-/181779247990

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drive-Belt-...-For-Lexmoto-FMS-125-/181991342338?nav=SEARCH

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

If you're happy with the current top speed then all you need to do is lighten the rollers, that's all.
    Maybe slightly stronger clutch springs so it doesn't kick in fully until the engine is in it's peak rev range, but that's about it.
    Cheap and cheerful solutions.
    The rollers are 18 x 14 and around the 13 gram mark, but to get to the point you want you need to buy several different sets of weights to see how each differ the acceleration for you.
    You could even mix and match them as long as you alternate them in the variator.

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Ebay cans. loud and cheap thats about it really. yes they will give that deeper throb sound but come mot time you could find that can against you and a warning for loud exhaust.

to be honest i would keep the stock pipe till it needs to be replaced, its not going to be hard restricted like 50cc pipes so your gonna be fairly ok there.

big bore kit = you will need to re-jet the carb and most think this is a simple take jet out put new one in and your away, being honest it is far from that, its more like install jet have a ride, find its useless and your buying more sizes, then its a constant pulling out and putting in differing jets till you get the outcome required. its where most newcomers fall down thinking these jet swaps are just plug and ride.

rollers like steve has mentioned , staggering them gives you some play. you could have 13g stock rollers fitted and find that low end pep is a bit slugish, so instead for replacing them all you could replace three of the rollers for something a little lighter say like 11.5g , you will get that little extra low down pep but still keep the high end top speed somewhat, BUT there is a 50/50 take on this. lowering weights can affect top end speed, and adding weights can affect the low down pickup speed, so its a choice the rider has to make.
    Dropping a gram or two can have a marked improvement but you may loose a tiny bit of top end speed in turn.

CDI-COILS

these so called high voltage coils , they are good for cold starts on winter morning having that high punch to get the bike started BUT preformance they wont put NO extra mph onto your topspeed.
    CDI usually a cdi swap comes due to restrictions a 150cc scoot is very unlikely to have a hard restriction as its above the restiction limit, a upgrade cdi just allows the engine to have a higher rpm thats all . are they worth the money yes and no for a heavly restricted 50cc they are what you need, but on a 150cc not really needed .

4. Wheelieadi

Wheelieadi New Member

Thanks for the responses. Ive been lookingl into it a bit more and with how cheap the 180 kit is and other bits are I think I'm going to do a few bits to it over the next few weeks. Probably 180cc kit, "racing variator", harder clutch springs, new rollers (not sure on weights yet), an uprated belt (if on exists), uprated carb, and exhaust.

Anyone know where I can get decent bits that are actually uprated and not just standard? Can only seem to find standard replacement parts.

Last thing, has anyone heard of these exhausts or used one? Toro T2 Round Stainless Full Exhaust System - GY6 125 Based Scooters https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XKVGVXG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9d6fzbPAZASQN

5. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

If you can ride something above 125cc then just look for a bigger bike.

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Measure the mouth of your engine cases to see if it will accept the 180cc barrel, most cases need machining out. The 150cc will fit with no mods. As said keep the std pipe and upjet the std carb keeping std air box.