2014 Aerox r acceleration

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Jamie201052, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Jamie201052

Jamie201052 New Member

Hi
    I have just bought the above for my son
    It came with a standard pipe but the bike was derestricted
    I changed the standard exhaust for a malossi wild lion and acceleration was great but you know what kids are like he wanted a twisty sports pipe
    I purchased a leovince tt exhaust as it seemed good for the price
    I have now fitted this and the rollers it came with 4. 3g but I am able to hold the bike backand it feels boggy. If I pull off slowly when it gets to around 10mph it pulls great
    Any suggestions ?
    I have seen loads of threads about up jetting after changing the exhaust does this need to be done ?

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Correct

3. Jamie201052

Jamie201052 New Member

Would this help with the initial acceleration or would I need to do more work with the variator and clutch ?

4. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    First u need to check your mainjet on full throttle , when u get that right it needs harder springs for sure and rollers to match the exhaust rpm.

5. Jamie201052

Jamie201052 New Member

Sorted the acceleration now with stronger springs and bigger jet
    It's now great up to 30mph and slowly gets up to 40mph
    I have marked the variator and sill have 8-10mm travel left on it I have tried from 4.3-6g rollers 5g seem the best
    I have put a new belt on and still the same
    I have compressed the clutch spring to its max and the belt will only travel to the pen mark at 8-10mm
    The belt I have should be 750mm x 16.5mm but when I measured it its only 744mm x 16.7mm
    I also have a malossi belt that is 745mm x 16.4mm
    I have tightened the belt down to the variator boss and still have 5-6mm travel on the clutch pulley
    Is there a longer belt that I could get to try or anything else I could do to use the full variator ?

6. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    If u get longer belt u have less travel in the torque drive and that is less top speed, you need aftermarket variator the stock variator can never push it to the top. Also your belts are the right size.

7. Jamie201052

Jamie201052 New Member

I do have a TNT sport variator fitted with a reinforced fan this is what has 10mm of travel left on it
    What would be the best to do ?

8. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Hmm i would say check the torque drive travel if it opens to max, but if u havent changed clutch bell or clutch there should be no problems there, so the next problem will be to get your rollers perfect, you must find the perfect rpm with the rollers, leovince tt and your cylinder idk should be around 9000rpm durning acceleration i think maybe more depends how much is the max rpm on top speed, usually is around 800rpm lower than your max rpm on top speed, keep in mind before doing the adjusting your carb must be perfect, check your spark plug color on full throttle 400-500meters. And when all that is done and still doesnt go to the top its just how the variator is designed, not all aftermarket variators are good. Send me a link from your variator so i can take a look at it.

9. Jamie201052

Jamie201052 New Member

10. Jamie201052

Jamie201052 New Member

Not the best variator mate just the one that came with the bike was not looking to good

11. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Yea looks like its replacment for the stock vario, little bit better drive face.