2013 gilera runner sp 50, no torque

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Woolfy1995, May 24, 2020.

1. Woolfy1995

Woolfy1995 New Member

Sorry for the essay,
    Hi guy just joined today as I need a little help,
    Got a brand new gilera runner sp50 when I was 16, only did 1500 miles on it till I did my test and got a car, its been parked in dry storage for about 5 years and started every month or so but never ridden up until last Monday when I pulled it out and put it through an mot for a bit of fun this summer, it's de restricted, has had the carb cleaned and all old oil and fuel pumped out and replaced, basic understanding of cvt's so I pulled the variator, checked rollers (no flat spots, 6g) clutch off cleaned everything with brake clean and knocked the shine of the clutch shoes with emery cloth and re assembled.
    Now we get to the issue, runs great for the most part, tops out at 53mph at around 9 grand, but when it gets up to running temperature if I try and do a hill start or pull away from a junction it hasn't enough power to pull its own weight let alone mine and I have to waddle until it suddenly picks up and is fine again.
    I've cleaned everything 3x now and nothing has fixed it and its borderline dangerous if I have to pull out onto a fast road.
    Any help with this is much appreciated.
    Cheers woolfy

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Sounds like a clutch issue?
    Is it revving it's tits off when it does this?

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Have you cleaned the carb out?

Woolfy1995 likes this.
  4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Also the coolant? Is it new? Is there any in it?

5. Woolfy1995

Woolfy1995 New Member

Clutch shoes still look new, not revving like it's slipping, revs up to about 3 grand and kind of bogs thee until I push with my feet

6. Woolfy1995

Woolfy1995 New Member

Replaced the coolant in the tank and filled up with fresh to the max on the tank, didn't bother draining all the coolant lines down tho

7. Woolfy1995

Woolfy1995 New Member

Ye cleaned it down twice to be sure, but to be honest it was spotless when I first opened it, no varnish or anything, pilot jet and idle jet are spotless and float seals perfectly

8. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

if it pulls away ok when its cold.. but starts going boggy once it warms up.. that sounds like its running too rich to me.

The choke could be stuck on, or the mixture screw could be set too rich.

9. Woolfy1995

Woolfy1995 New Member

So try replacing the auto choke? Also theres only one screw but that's for the idle mix, would that be it?
    Cheers