200vxr stator/ flywheel

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Petey, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Petey

Petey Member

Guys iv got a rattling noise from the flywheel/stator. Bad worrying noise. any ideas what it could be?? It on a vxr 200 runner, I had same problem with a vxr 125 I had and when I pulled engine/flywheel water pump cover of the stator coils had crumble and jammed the engine, at first I thought the engine sized so strip it all to find it was the stator and got so far in to stripping it ended up buying another engine and I don't wanna replace this 200 engine because it a good runner and iv looked after it other than this problem, plus 200 engine are gold dust now days.. what people think I should do first?? Obviously take it apart to look at it but what should I look for? Loose nuts, fucked stator wouldn't know how to tell it was fucked tbh unless it was crumbled obviously but what's people's thought and advice ???

Cheer for time guys!!!

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Water pump failed ? And remember that the pump drive disc fit's on 3 bobbins that are NOT equally spaced, look for the line on flywheel and plastic disc of the pump.

3. Petey

Petey Member

Thanks for reply but don't really get what your saying? Would that make the rattling noise? For example As if a variator nut was lose.. its not over heating even in the weather we have had lately.. unless sitting in traffic but fan kicks in and it goes down.. fast I go it rattles fast and louder when on tick over there's not rattling..
    thanks for ya time appreciate it

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Bearings in the water pump shaft/ flywheel cover.

5. Petey

Petey Member

How can you tell if it's fucked mate??

6. Petey

Petey Member

7. Petey

Petey Member

Got a 125 water/flywheel cover but it got 2nd air box mine hasn't image.jpg