2004 YAMAHA AEROX 70

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Chubz, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    selling my bike as if i dont ill end up smashing the shit out of it.

2004 LC aerox with a fresh polini 70 sport on it... big front disc, 17.5mm carb, handlebar conversion, new red evo panels,. lots of bits on it.... got it ready for an mot after waiting for months and its all of a sudden not running.... im PISSED.

i dont want an xbox or £400 so dont bother asking.,... i want best offers over £800 as its got over £1200/£1300 worth of parts on it on top of buying the bike origianllyy for ?£4oo with no panels and a rusty body...

i want offers over £800.*******

Also got a fresh pretty much unused parmakit 50 cylinder/head/piston with it and my old panels and everything i can find to go with it.

I havnt got a clue why it wont work as it started up and ran PERFECTLY last night, i then put it back in my living room til this morning where i went to have a,little go on it round my estate and it refused to move and kept dying .

so if anyone wants it , let me know.. i want it GONE iv had enough of it. got reciepts for EVERYTHING and it has had EVERY penny iv had spent on it, iv done NOTHING but get it running right for an MOT which was booked for tomorrow morning, but all of a sudden it doesnt work... JUST MY LUCK.

pics on request il upload a few now so can see what it looks like.

Watford/abbots langley area Hertfordshire. Pm me or just write on here i dont mind either..

you'll be doing me a big favour taking it away aswell tbh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this pic is old..but looks exactly the same plus a load of stickers on it.

[​IMG]

2. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

I hope you sell it, or get it to work, but reallistically I would be surprised if you get £800 for it, even more as it is a non runner :/

Tuning is a money hole... you never end up getting your money back :/

3. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    I know mate, but ideally i was gonna ask for £1000 once it had 12 months tax and MOT on it.... and tbf thats not a bad price as youd be getting a low mileage bike with nearly everything replaced or upgraded and it does look nice and has lots of nice bits on it..

In two minds of fixing it and selling it now tbh...i hate this crap lol

I know ill be losing money but i wouldnt sell it for anything less as its stands me at over £1700 including buying the bike and buying a panel set off a mate before i got the Evos and other parts

4. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Before coming to Scotland I had to sell my full MHR booster spirit (BWS) with over 3K euros worth of stuff (on top of the bikes price!) including a complete brand new engine.. took me a long time to sell it for £1100 euros :/ ... even though it was only 2yo at the time.

People dont like buying modified peds for a lot of money... mostly because people buying them dont know jack about scooters and cannot fix them if something goes wrong.

I still hope you will sell it but I would prepare myself to either fix it or compromise on offers you will get if I was you :)

alternative is to dismantle it and sell parts individually. you will get most of your money back but it is more time consuming than anything else.

5. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

mate how much u want for that prama kit i need a 50's bore for aerox

6. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Not sure if i need it yet mate.... according to the fella who took my bike to the shop, my whole bore might be fucked.... so untill i find out if it is i wont know if ill need to put the 50 back on.....

If i dont need it ill let you know mate :)

7. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

yh please do because its a rip off buying a bore for £60 from ped parts i could get piaggio one for a £10 but there is not much aeroxes in my area

8. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    no worries mate, ill let you know as soon as i know if my 70 is fucked lol..... its at the shop til friday earliest so might be then....

see your selling yours, :( i shoulda bought a 70 instead of that 50 anyways it would ave been set up by now lol..and wouldnt had to waste £70 on the 50 :p

9. Gamble

Gamble Member

If the bike shop are worth another visit, they should have a look at your bore and be able to tell you why it's not running. If it's got shit loads of tuning parts on, there's a good chance something has been put on wrong or there's something daft missing. I'd try and get it running and get it up for sale after, got to be honest and say it looked much better when you first got it. People like standard stuff.

10. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    lol nobody likes the stickers :( might take some off and put them on the inner panel along with all the others....

Iv spoke to the shop and its 'booked in this week' whatever that means.. paid a £200 deposit and was told the headgasket was leaking...so iv ordered a polini 70 gasket set, turned up yesterday and took it down to them along with the new filter for the airbox and the stock rear indicators as apparantly my rear light with built in indicators isnt Mot'able.... o_O ...also they didnt think to look in the seat and then told us the airbox was missing.....fools. lol...

-the problems that i know of are =;the spark plug had coolant on it, the headgasket was leaking and there was water in the carb.. ?? not sure what that means but i should have it back running and Mot'd in the next few days im hoping.. i just want to fit my Yasuni tbh... iv been staring at it for nearly a week now lol... its killing me softly LOL.....

11. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    What yasuni is it?

12. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    I got the Yasuni R pal... was gonna get the Z, but was told it wasnt as good as this one...Just want my bike back , its been 2 weeks without it :( lol

This is my exhaust anyway

[​IMG]

13. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

cool exhaust.

Question... could you not have saved some money and fixed the ped yourself?

14. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Cheersss :)

I could have yes mate, but at the time i didnt have a clue what was wrong with it,.one day it started and ran lovely...the next day, it wouldnt start, so i was clueless lol.....

plus it was needing MOT so thought i may aswell take it to professionals to get fixed then Mot'd and then get it back rather than twiddling my fingers for a few weeks/months before i worked the problem out and then take it for an Mot...

Still havent got it back yet though... they 'should be starting on it on monday' according to the chap at the shop..... bloody hope so lol ,,, its been toooo long!