200 runner vxr

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Petey, May 21, 2017.

1. Petey

Petey Member

What's popping people

Got 200 runner vxr
    If I ease throttle on it goes and builds up speed to top end If im easy on the throttle, soon I go to open throttle straight away weather pulling off or rolling from easing it on to get going it revs up high as if a geared bike was not in gear..
    I'm ok with engine and stuff so I think it's either clutch or variator plate ?? I recently changed the variator because teeth was worn, was ok after for a while, I store it over the winter and now summer here I want to get back on it, I took it out just now and I've got the issue still what I spoke about, looking for a second opinion as money isn't easy to find and throw away so.. from what I know off when I have case on clutch looked ok to me pad thickness..
    any thoughts or help is appreciated people
    Thanks

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Oil on the belt maybe? Or slipping clutch maybe? Something in the driveline anyway

Petey likes this.
  3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    yep sounds a drive line issue

grease seepage onto the belt or oil/gease has made its way onto the front fixed half pully. failing that ........ pull the clutch off and its pulley behind that usually sits the gearbox oil seal, its possible the gearbox oil seal is leaking and thats allowing a small amount of oil onto the rear pulley, its unusual for oil to be in the viraitor area so it tends to come from the front crank oil seal ( can be replaced without splitting/removing engine) or its tends to be a failed/failing gearbox oil seal.

Petey likes this.
  4. Petey

Petey Member

REPOST OF POST
    TOO MAKE MORE SENSE

Just read this and it hardly make sense lol.. if I full throttle bike revs up with no pull.. if I ease throttle on it will move, and build up speed to flat out, soon as I full throttle or open throttle quick it revs high no pull.. clutch is ok from what I can tell so.. rollers or varitor plate? Change plate not long ago change variator plate a hole variator tbh rollers and plate because teeth was worn due to lose nut so replace and lock thread, red because had no blue I know bad idea but.. anyways just want an opinion on the issue before throw money into it and wasting money lol
    Thanks again

5. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    see above i think me and subabiker are on the right area, possible oil seepage onto belt/ variator face / rear pulley due to a seal failure/failing .

and welcome to the scooter shack Petey :)

Petey likes this.
  6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Still sounds like the belt is slipping to me..

Petey likes this.
  7. Petey

Petey Member

Did think belt slip.. but when I changed variator it was the first time I had case off since owning bike and I was shocked how clean it actually was, 2004 bike it mint had many runners safe to say it's mint but I'll have a look guys see if oil spill is the problem

Thanks for time guys appreciate it

# Motor bike riders are a family lol

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Oh and on the leader engines there are 2 places engine oil can leak in there, the oil seal and the o ring as there is a plate behind the vario that comes off to get to the oil pump...

Petey likes this.
  9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Could be worn belt too, check that...

Petey likes this.
  10. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    No worries petey thats what we all here for the love of little motors and the joy of owning two wheels and the roads :)

Petey likes this.
  11. Petey

Petey Member

Good to be here tami I'm not actually new to site it's just a new account lol not been on for a while, bikes go away in the winter lol

Yeah I know where you mean scuba.. it 3 Allen keys plate where crank shaft comes threw, it has seal around crank shaft.. need to take side case off and have a proper look and let people know in case that ever have same problems

Thanks again guys

scubabiker likes this.
  12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Studded tyres...
    Small bikes are great in winter. Snownuts FTW

Petey likes this.
  13. Petey

Petey Member

Snow means an excuse to buy new farings after laying your bike down half a dozen time hahaha

14. Petey

Petey Member

Hate predictive text your read post after sending and like Wtf makes no sense haha

15. Petey

Petey Member

Would oil not wear off the belt after a while though ?? Just thought lol

I've probably done 7-8 miles since issue started..

16. Petey

Petey Member

Right lads got in from work and ripped casing off and went straight to the problem...
    Variator plate.. behind fan teeth worn

What's best to buy as I've done two off the bms ones in what 5months... think they called bms something like that, teeth wear so quick because it only ally I think.. what's best to do ???
    Thanks