2 Stroke vs 4 Stroke banter

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by monty9120, Sep 25, 2007.

1. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

tell it to freestyler that your peds better than his and see what he says :bird: :rofl: ...nuff said ;)

2. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

can you not get speeding tickets when riding scooters ? :w00t:

3. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

And proof you have never rode a bike with a PM59 on. Bloody quite when you ride but loud as fuck when you are behind them.

Plus a ported 172 sounds nothing like a normal 172.

4. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    i have been on a ported runner before and it was loud with a pm59 on it :pimp:

5. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

You must need new ears then as mine has near to no baffles in the end can and a hell of a lot of revvy porting.

The Scorp was louder and that had baffles.

6. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    proberly :w00t:

7. Gary C

Gary C New Member

you cant compare the 2.....i had a vx and i loved it for long journeys and fuel consuption and all that boring lark,then i realised what a bad decision it was to buy the thing.....wank acceleration....wank top end...complicated to work on....and just generally gay! now i have my sp i can say i wouldnt have anything but a 2t because its fukin rapid.....can wheely...and coughs up buetifull 2t fumes, also it sounds the bollox..not a turbo charged hairdryer just a low pitched grunt! :pimp: :punk:

basically 2strokes are what scoots are about....raw speed and wiked fun! :punk:

8. haugh

haugh New Member

really. :p

9. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
  10. haugh

haugh New Member

11. MURKEE

MURKEE New Member

2t wins then.
    dont bother me
    i'm gettin a car soon and sellin the VX
    bangin round in tha mean time :bird:

12. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    your vx had poor acc its not normal for a vx to be like that i know much quicker ones

so what if 4 strokes are harder to work on. whether its a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke a mechanic can do any job onit

how long has your bike been broken for btw. your vx never broke down and we went far and everything

13. Gary C

Gary C New Member

the head gasket went om my sp and has been sitting in my garage for a few months...this is down to the mechanic not being able to come out...rather than my bikes been broken for sooo long! my vx had slightly less acceleration than others because of the pipe i had on and even if it was as quik as a normal vx id still of sold it sharpish purley because there boring and shit! :pimp:

14. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    i did tell you i could sort your bike but i gather you didnt trust me

it would have been back on the road ageeeeess ago :cool:

15. SMF_12

SMF_12 New Member

so why was ur bike always goin into the shop then :w00t:

16. Gary C

Gary C New Member

mate i dont think you could do anywhere near as good a job as minor its not a matter of trust its just piece of mind...anyway was it not you who reccomended for me to get minor to fix it?
    its all sorted now so its inmaterial!

17. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    i couldnt fix broken cases or a fucked front pulley :pimp:

18. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    i reccomended him as i knew if it was something serious that he would be able to rebuild it for you

i did say i will come around to have a look at it and i would have told you months ago about the head gasket as its pretty simple

as usual i get fucked over while offering help so i wont bother

19. Leeroy

Leeroy Member

Put your handbags away!
    This is such a childish argument. you lot are just rating what you have and not THINKING about the others. yes for strokes are better on fuel ect and MAY be in some cases more reliable but as terro said enough times on the post if you look after them they will be fine. and i owned a 172 runner with a pm59 (and it aint that fucking loud for fuck sake!) and basicly a full bolt on tune and it was proberbly more reliable than it was standard just had to keep an eye on common things like spark plug/rollers clutch oil levels ect but id rather do that and enjoy a fuckin fast 172 than a 4stroke. it all depends on the person reley if ur gna use ur bike 24/7 and ur not bothered about performance and have a paranoia about your bike seizing get a 4stroke if u want to use ur bike 24/7 at the same reliabilty have more fun and burn a bit more fuel get a 2 stroke! each to there own leave it at that :msn1:

20. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    a tuned bike more reliable then a standard bike

oh yer grow up mate :w00t: