180 runner 2t, dellorto 25mm carb setup

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by 2smoker180, Jan 19, 2014.

1. 2smoker180

2smoker180 Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP 180
    Ok I'm thinking of getting a dellorto 25mm, but they don't come with oil feed and vacuum, can't I just tap threads in but don't really want to start drilling my brand new carb you know what I mean, then I saw the polini. 25mm it comes with vacuum and oil feed that is convenient .in terms of throttle response and performance..Which is better? And can I run with standard. Airbox, and will I need a bigger air box tube?... If I put the bigger carb what should I change transmission wise, my setup at the moment is standard carb, 15.5g rollers, 180 variator and gears, standard clutch and springs, std exhaust... Looking for a mild setup as I do alot of mileage, dual carriageway mostly...
    Any help would be appreciated

2. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Wouldn't it be easier just to get another inlet manifold and drill and tap that for oil feed and vacuum, rather than risk screwing the carb up?

3. 2smoker180

2smoker180 Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP 180
    That does sound much better, where can I get the brass hole connector. Things don't know what is it called, am i better off buying a dellorto or polini? which is easier set up? Thanks for a swift answer

4. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
  5. 2smoker180

2smoker180 Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP 180
    I went to dellorto UK website, and u can buy brand new with oil feed, but no vacuum..thanks merlin all I need is the vac connector now..what else do I need if I want to run std airbox?

6. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    I drilled my new 25 without isues

7. 2smoker180

2smoker180 Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP 180
    Do I do exactly where polini has there's on the picture below polini caaRb.jpg

8. 2smoker180

2smoker180 Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP 180
    And this is dellorto 25 with tapped vac /oil dellorto vacuum and oil.jpg

9. steveaerox50

steveaerox50 aprilia owner

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    me personally would get the polini one as it all ready has the vac and oil feed installed , no matter what carb you buy you are going to need to set it up so buy a selection of jets as well i think they are a 5mm main jet for the 25mm carbs

10. 2smoker180

2smoker180 Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP 180
    i know they are both going to require upjet/downjet that's not a problem, and I already have a box of jets and they are 6mm, im swaying more to polini based on its convienent with vac/oil, but thanks anyway