172 zip

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Mitch172, Oct 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mitch172

Mitch172 172 brooo

Rides:
    172zip And Vespa125
    At the moment Iam doing a 172 conversion on a zip which I've nick named the (Frankenzip) because it's made of dead bike parts Any ways ... It's first got a piaggio zip sp mk2 frame and a piaggio zip sp forks which in I converted to run with Vespa hub and brake set up next the engine was from a dead italiajet dragster which wasn't looking to good so first I had it rebuilded with fresh gaskets and pm tuning seals Nd bearings then new crank nowt special just a better quality 125 crank from ped parts then a oko 28mm carb with a bigger reeds and manifold scorpion bike malossi belt and clutch springs also new pulley next a bar con version from a typhoon stage quick action and switches then a rpm /speedo gauge gilera runner front wheel new pads and discs ported malossi 172 air cooled kit for less troubles
    the only thing I really need is side casing and cooling covers
    Ive put some photos below

Attached Files:

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Have you fitted the engine properly or bodged it onto the 50cc engine mount ?

3. Mitch172

Mitch172 172 brooo

Rides:
    172zip And Vespa125
    Hi it's not bodged in Its i level and until my engine decides to work it's staying on 50 mount but when it's starting I'll be welding a 125 mount on to it with silent block

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    It will be worth doing as a 172 on the 50 mount will be horrendous to ride due to vibration!