17.5 dellorto

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Undercover Runner, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Undercover Runner

Undercover Runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP
    If I remove the water pipe off the head will water come out? Or does it only start pumping with engine on?

2. Stevierunner10

Stevierunner10 New Member

Rides:
    runner Sp50 /Zip Sp
    Water will come out mate.. Just get a bowl and take the water pipe off at the bottom by the Fly wheel take all the water out then take the pipe off the head :)if you get what i mean? dont for get to top up again with water ;)

3. Undercover Runner

Undercover Runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP
    Oh my god, is all I can say, the exhaust port was already derestricted but the end can wasn't such a small restrictor, that came off pipe back on, bobs your uncle fannys your aunt, bike does bloody wheelies on pull off.... It's actually quite frightening, I need to upjet slightly as engine dies at full throttle and put at least 3.8gram rollers in (x9) as 3 grams are horrifically light now.

4. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

there you go m8 :good:

now everything i said makes sense :grin:

5. Undercover Runner

Undercover Runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP
    Dave, off the top of your head what size nut in mm is the variator nut? My impact wrench came with a 17mm 19mm 21mm and I tried the 17 it's a tad to big, want to go to halfords and get the right size but want to make sure, is it a 15mm/16mm? I was undoing it with a 5/8 socket but this won't fit my 1/2 inch wrench cheers mate

6. BossMan172

BossMan172 Member

Rides:
    aprilia sr 172
  7. Stevierunner10

Rides:
    runner Sp50 /Zip Sp
    Nice one glad you got it sorted! :good: . get some photos up of your new shape runner hardly anyone has got em would be nice to see a few !

8. Undercover Runner

Undercover Runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP
    Will take some when its good weather and it's had a good clean, variator nut size anyone? 16mm/15mm?

9. Stevierunner10

Rides:
    runner Sp50 /Zip Sp

Sweet!! Doing some work on mine atm to :) Size 15 pal

10. Undercover Runner

Undercover Runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP
    Cool mate, you got any pictures of yours up?

Today i upjetted 4 times to rid of the full throttle bogging, and tried 3 sets of rollers..

Started with 3gr and 90 main, revved too much, (11000) and bogged real bad put in 3.8gr and upjetted to 92 revs maxed out at 10000 but still bogged at full throttle I then put in 4.5 gr rollers and upjetted to a 95 this lowered the revs to around 9000 and maxed out just under 10000 which is where I want to be, but still unable to full throttle, bogs and revs dip.

I then put in a 98 main, but still the problem still occurs... Any ideas?

11. ZipKid94

ZipKid94 New Member

Rides:
    zip70
    you really need to do a plug chop, this will help u determin your jetting issues,as dave said it can still bog if the jet is too big!

12. Undercover Runner

Undercover Runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP
    But surely if I was running a 70cc malossi sport with a restricted pipe and I had a 90 main in without any bogging then derestricted the pipe the bogging began I need to upjet correct? So I've tested a 92,95 and finally the 98.

The bogging is still there.. But any higher in jet sizes I'll be in the 100 range and that's got to be way too big no? Dave any ideas mate?

13. gulliver

gulliver Member

try 3*3.8 rollers and 3*4.5 rollers with a 88 jet(might even be smaller . you seem to be going up with rollers and jets at the same time. now you have the revs sorted to rev to wher and how you want then its jetting but as you say i think your running a too large a jet.

14. Undercover Runner

Undercover Runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP
    Do you think I should try a 80 main or something? It just doesn't make sense that I would need to down jet AFTER my pipe got derestricted...

15. Undercover Runner

Undercover Runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP
    someone with a similar setup as me and same model/year/make and he says i need a minimum of 110 main, now hes upgraded and hes using a 122 main.

any chance hes right?

16. NatureBoy

NatureBoy New Member

do a plug chop....youre going to have to do a plug chop. every motor is different, they can be similar...but they are going to be different. why? mostly because of rider weight/constant force back on the motor. you need to only be changing one thing at a time too. you cant dial it in by changing jetss AND weights all at the same time. change one or the other at a single time.

you probably dont want to do plug chops because it appears that its hard to get to the plug..well, do it anyways because it will save your motor in the long run.

17. Undercover Runner

Undercover Runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner SP
    You hit the nail on the head, I've got 4 brand new plugs sitting her but i cant get to the blasted plug :/