125cc 2stroke Tuning Guide.

Discussion in 'Scooter Guides' started by MiNoR cOnFuSiOn, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesknowles1991

jamesknowles1991 New Member

Rides:
    gilrea runner 125 sp
    if i did these will the bike still have rliablity??

2. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    Yes as he said, it'll start everytime and be a reliable runner providing everything is fitted & setup correctly.

Ive been on a few rides where Ive seen bolt-on 172's travel over 100 miles in 1 day. Constantly riding too none of this fag break shit.

They only start becoming un-reliable once you start to break the 30bhp barrier.

3. Gilly Boi Mike 70

Gilly Boi Mike 70 New Member

Brilliant guide :)

4. samaroo44

samaroo44 Member

Rides:
    zip 125 conv thing
    25mm carb or 172 kit first ?? would a 172 be alright with standard typh carb ??

5. yellasei

yellasei Member

Rides:
    125 typhoon
    does'nt the kit come with the carb?? a mate of mine runs an SR and his came as a kit. i would have thought that the bore kit would still be ok with standard carb though?

6. samaroo44

samaroo44 Member

Rides:
    zip 125 conv thing
    urm okay i haven't seen a kit with a carb but ill have a look and cool ill probably 172 it first then and just jet like a bitch till its right :)

7. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Use the search and then if you don't find the answer you are after post a new topic in the relevant place. This isn't the right place to ask questions.

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    Always grab a kit first... Wasting time otherwise, its the biggest gain... Then carb, then pipe, then trans... Biggest gains first if installed in this order..

Stock carb is fine.. Don't even have to upjet tbh.. Nor change transmission.. Maybe go up a size or two just to be on the safe side, but most don't need it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.