125 scooter not turning help please

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Aaron whitlock, Nov 6, 2016.

1. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    this is a haynes manual purchase moment in all honesty, i came off harsh tbh (always) but having a bike thats broken and zero knowledge means a LOT of explaning, theres manuals for that, there cheap, cop one, have a read. you will know the bike inside out in no time. if your stuck, by all means ask detailed questions. manuals are confusing sometimes, but there thorough, and exist. first place to start ;)

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    id check for fuel and spark. if you have no spoark just change the coil, they often go, fuel is easy, when you check for spark, can you smell fuel comming out the engine? lol if you have no fuel then remove carb, remove base, if there is fuel in there/when you flipped the carb over then the fuel tap is fine, if the big bronze round screw (jet) is clean, has a tiny hole thats not blocked, along with the other small similar coloured screws, then you have fuel. if you have both fuel and spark, then you have no compression. dont go buying a cdi/anything major, it probably wont need it/will be a waste of money

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Aye buddy a manual is always handy and can be passed on when scoots sold on.
    just smudge out the oily handprints on the pages you visit most lol.

i am lucky found a full service manual for the old sym jet covers a fair bit to and with whats already know most is covered.
    its the first thing i search when offering advice to others, either the wiring schematic or the service manual , get an idea of what they looking at.